Chapter 9

It's September 11, day of the remembrance gymkhana.
I wake up, 5:30, my outfit already put together. A sexy black rodeo button up, my best jeans with the crosses on them, an American flag scarf and bandana, and my favorite belt. I do my makeup and hygiene then walk out to feed the horses by 5:45. The horses are fed and ready to leave by 6:00, also my family will have just woken up, lazy😂. When I step in the door the aroma of fresh coffee fills the air. I start preparing for breakfast. I'm having cereal, they all eat scrambled eggs but for some reason they make me sick on rodeo days. After I eat I head out to the new truck, with the back up cam, so I can hook up the trailer by myself. Next I check the trailer for all our tack. Yup all there. I think to myself.
At 7:25 we depart, I always plan on leaving at 7:00 so we're out the door by 7:30, today were early! The drive is short, at most 10 minutes, and were tacked and warming up in no time.
Five minutes after we arrived Jakob got there and five minutes after that Mitchell got there with my old mare Jazzi. I gave her to him because we couldn't afford three horses. After we all warmup we loosen our cinches, give the horses a drink and headed to the riders meeting.
The announcer, Trinity, called out the order and got the event goin, big T.

T: Cassidy Sabral riding Remington's Fire!The gate opened and I walked in

The gate opened and I walked in. I stopped Remi, nodded at the judges, and took off for my first pole. When we finished I heard my time as 15.161! "Yes! Nice job boy!"
"Woohoo! Go Cass!"
I exited the arena to the screaming and applause of my friends and family.
The next event was

I ran down to the first pole, left, turned round then turned the right and headed home

"That's a 12.142 for Cassidy Sabral on Remington's Fire!"
"Yahoo!!"
After the third event we had lunch and got the horses some hay.

The next event is skill barrels.

I walk into the arena Remi's muscles quivering, like a snake waiting to strike

I walk into the arena Remi's muscles quivering, like a snake waiting to strike. I line up straight to the event look at my judge for her signal.
"Ride when ready!" There was mine now time for Remi's.
I lean forward and whisper in his ear, "Let me rip baby!"
At that very second he leaps forward with such power it almost threw me back. We headed for the right of the middle barrel, made our left turn and went to the left of the left barrel for a right hand turn. We weave through and made a left hand turn round the far right, made our last turn and headed home as fast a his noodle legs could carry him! "Cassidy Sabral on Remington's Fire breaking an arena record with a time of 17.000s!"
"Aaahhhhhh! Remi! Remi we did it! Oh my gosh I love you!!!"
" Oh who me?"
I look over to see Jakob staring at me with an adorable look on his face.
"No silly the horse he's the one who got me the time!"
" Awe darn, it may be you this time bud but next time it'll be me. Ya hear?"
"Hahaha your funny! It'll always be him..."
"Eh whatever I'll be it someday."
My sister rides with a 26.475.
"Nice run Court!"
"Thank you!"
Next thing I know they're settin up the next event...hurry scurry(western jumping). After that is poles.
In scurry I got a 5.032s and in poles I got a 10.173.
After poles Jak and I walk over to the trailer and grab Remi some water for the wait for the next event. Barrels!!!
Hey y'all keep readin!!