Chapter 27❊

Chapter 27❊

Tahira ❊

"Where do we go from here? I don't really have much left to live for.." I told Xavier as I laid my head on the pillow he gave me.

I decided to stay the night with him in the hospital since I am the one who put him in here.

Everything has been resolved with the cops and the original detective working on my case was happy that I killed Drake. I'm not gonna be charged with anything since it was self-defense and Drake broke tons of laws. He has also been on the run for years so they let me slide.

"You have a lot to live for. That baby, your mother, and even yourself. Don't let Drake have the upper hand on things even after he's gone." Xavier replied back to me.

I nodded my head in understanding.

"I know it's just that with Tyrese being gone I feel worthless. The one person who has been here through everything for me is gone. I just wish he wouldn't have gotten involved at all and left me. It's all my fault he's dead." I explained to Xavier.

"You could wish that things were different but they're not. Obviously he was in love with you and thought that you were worth it. You are worth it." He mentioned to me making my eyebrow raise.

"What are you trying to say?" I questioned him.

He remained silent for a minute or two.

"I wouldn't have followed along with that plan knowing there was a slight chance I might die if I didn't care a lot about you. Like I said before you're special and I see why Drake was crazy about you." He told me making me give him a small smile.

I got up and walked over to him.

"Xavier, what are you trying to say?" I asked him again gently putting my hand on his arm.

"I'm saying that I really really like you and I'm glad I'm in the hospital instead of you." He told me making my heart nearly stop.

"Don't say that. You could've ended up dead.." I said to him.

"It would've all been worth it knowing I saved two lives." He stated grabbing my hand.

I leaned down and kissed his lips gently.

"Thank you for everything." I said once I pulled back.

He squeezed my hand.

Suddenly the door to the hospital room opened making my head turn quick.

In walked a short old lady with a tall old man along with a little girl.

"That's my mother and father. The little girl is my daughter." He told me making me look at him with wide eyes.

The little girl does resemble him but he didn't mention having a daughter at all.

"Come here, Imani." He stated patting his lap.

She came running up to the bed and with his help she got into the bed. She instantly threw her arms around his neck and kissed his cheek.

"Why didn't you tell me about her?" I questioned him.

He looked down before looking at me.

"I kind of wanted to keep her a secret. Drake would've hurt her if he even knew she existed so I haven't told anybody about her just in case. She was staying with her mom." He said pinching her cheeks making her smile.

I wanted to ask more questions but I remained silent.

"Mom, Dad, and Imani this is the woman who saved my life, Tahira." He introduced me to everyone.

I smiled before turning to his parents that had an even bigger smile on their faces.

His mother came over to me.

"He can be a big pain in our asses sometimes but we're thankful that you didn't let our Babyboy get killed." She stated holding her hand out for me to shake.

I shook her hand and smiled.

"I didn't save him, he saved me." I told her as she pulled me into a hug.

His father smiled at me and I shook his hand too.

"Thank you so much." He stated with a huge smile on his face.

After they thanked me a couple of more times they went to go grab something to eat because they had a long drive here. Imani refused to leave her dad so they decided to just bring her something back.

"Come here, don't be shy." Xavier told me as he patted the extra space he has on the other side of the bed.

I shook my head.

"I'm fine, enjoy your time with your daughter." I replied back to him.

"Come here." He said again patting the spot.

I sighed before going over and sitting beside him.

"Hi Imani.." I said lowly as I stared at her.

She's such a pretty little girl. She has light brown eyes, creamy chocolate skin, and a head full of brown curls. She looks like Xavier but you can tell she gets most of her features from her mother.

"Hi." She said quietly.

She put her hand over her face making me giggle.

"Oh so now you wanna act shy." Xavier stated before beginning to tickle her.

She erupted into giggles shaking her little afro everywhere.

"Stop it." She said through her laughs and he stopped.

"Tell her a little bit about yourself.." Xavier said to her.

She smiled and nodded her head.

"My name is Imani Tucker, I'm five, my favorite color is red, I like barbies, and I do not like broccoli." She said before she started laughing.

I smiled at how adorable she's being.

"Well guess what Imani?" I questioned her.

"What?" She asked me back.

"I don't like broccoli either." I told her scrunching up my face.

She laughed at the face I made making me laugh too.

Xavier was right. I do have a lot to live for including this baby inside of me.

I can't give up now. I have to continue living my life.

Take it one step at a time...

_________________________________
Tahira and Xavier in the mm.😍

Ugh the next chapter is the last chapter of this entire series...😭😭

What do you guys think?

Comment below

Vote please

Follow also

Xoxo - Msfanfictional🌸