Chapter 11: A Fateful Goodbye

Jack looked back at Tristin. "I need to do something before I go." Jack said. He looked back at me. Then he approached me and gave me a kiss. My heart melted into the kiss and I savored it but it seemed like just seconds later when he pulled away.
  "Goodbye Chloe." He said. With that he walked away and got in his car with Tristin. I could barely hear but I could have sworn I heard Tristin murmur, " You ladies man."
  "Shut up." Jack said. He looked back at me and smiled. I blushed. Soon he was gone.
  I tried smiling to myself but it was too hard. I knew that he was gone from the mainland and I would likely never see him again. I started to cry. I hurried to my house and I stayed in my room for hours. Or was it days. I didn't know everything just seemed to blur together without him. Syd and I ended up going to the same college. Heck we're roommates. But I don't care. Not when Jack isn't here.
  Syd tries to help but nothing really does help. College went by quick. I got a job. I don't really remember. Its meaningless anyway.
  Two years past since Jack left. My heart was still broken. It hadn't done anything since that fateful day he left.
  Now I was working at McDonalds. Oh what had I done with my life. I had no clue where Syd was. I had pushed her away. I had pushed everyone away. Now I had to live life if I could. And only if I could. And if I can't. Well then I don't know what I'll do.

This chapter should be the last of 3 that were released in a row. I hope you guys liked them and know this is not the end. There will still be 3 chapters after this and then this book will be done. But don't worry there is the possibility of a sequel. But we'll see.