Decision

We walked back to the fountain clearing.

"So. What did you think?" Silena spoke up with her perky voice.

"It's pretty awesome. I mean this place was created for a good cause," I answered. Then Juniper looked at the ground. "You're wondering if I want to stay or not, aren't you?"

She nodded. I backed up and thought about it.

"Do my grandparents know about all this?" I gestured to our surroundings. She nodded. I sighed and added that into account.

"I'll try one night here. But I will definitely learn here," I decided.

Both her and the Fairies' faces lit up.

"We're going to see the King and Queen now?" I looked at all of them.

"Well... they're more leaders than a King and Queen. Remember they're only, like, twenty. We just call them that because it's tradition," Juniper explained.

With that, we walked through the middle entryway.

The hall looked like every other hallway. But after a few feet the walls changed to stone brick with torches lighting the way. There was a dark green carpet on the floor. Following the carpet, it led to thrones. Both thrones were delicately made of wood and were cushioned.

Small branches reached out to each other from the sides of the thrones and intertwined in the middle. Both thrones were equal in size and I took it as a symbol for equality.

The King and Queen themselves were a sight.

The Queen was wearing a dress that was completely white. Her skin was pale with her eyes being a striking moon silver and her waist length hair was platinum blonde. But she had a gentle smile that made her look like a royal with a contrasting black circlet resting on her head.

The King was dressed in all black with a shirt, pants tucked into boots and a heavy cape that went all the way to his ankles. He was dark skinned with black eyes and black hair that was combed to the side with a white crown resting over his hair. With all of that, he also held the same kind look as the Queen.

We walked over to them and stopped in front of the steps that led to their thrones. Juniper, Silena, Tessa and Azure bowed.

I followed their example.

"Rise," the Queen's voice sounded serene, with a regal firmness laced into it. I straightened my back and looked at her. "Juniper Hathaway. You have returned after a school year once again. And you've brought a friend," She looked at me with a smile. Juniper raised her hand, hesitantly. The Queen nodded, allowing Juniper to speak.

"Uh... Idaline this is Queen Bianca and King Naro. They were voted five years ago to take place as the leaders of Terra Arbor," She introduced them. I took note that she used my full name, but I could understand. Having the King and Queen in front of you kind of made, even me, a bit anxious.

"A pleasure to meet you," I smiled at them. King Naro chuckled, his deep voice resonated throughout the room.

"Pleasure's all ours. Ms. Hathaway has given you a tour of Terra Arbor, yes?" He asked.

"Yes, actually," I nodded. "It's beautiful,"

Queen Bianca's smile widened.

"Thank you. Now. Azure, Silena, Tessa. Would you three Fairies like to add anything?"

The Fairies shook their heads.

"We just met up with Juniper who just so happened to be with Idaline," Azure explained. Both the King and Queen nodded. Then both of their gazes looked at me.

"Welcome to Terra Arbor, Idaline. When newcomers enter they must always be taken to the King and Queen so they can be approved of and so they can choose whether or not to join us. And I do believe we approve," Queen Bianca looked at King Naro who closed his eyes and nodded. "Now," She turned back to me. "Ready for the big question?"

I took a deep breath and nodded.

"Would you..." King Naro began.

"Idaline Cyprus," Juniper filled in.

"-take the honor and responsibility of studying here and learning the ways of Tsunachi Magic?" King Naro's voice boomed in formality.

I didn't even hesitate.

Taking in a breath and looking at King Naro, I breathed the word that would change my life, forever.

"Yes,"