Becoming a Home

King Naro and Queen Bianca stood.

"Welcome, Idaline Cyprus to Terra Arbor," the Queen smiled at me. "Juniper will escort you to the Academy. You will receive your schedule there. Classes start on Monday," She informed.

"Thank you," I bowed.

"No. Thank you. I can see great things from you, Idaline. Great things," King Naro's smile was gentle. "You are dismissed," they both sat back down.

Juniper and I walked out while Tessa, Azure and Silena flew off to somewhere after saying their goodbyes to us.

"To the Academy we go," Juniper announced. "You excited?" She looked at me.

"Of course. Learning Magic, in general, that you know will actually work? That's just awesome. But I feel like we're supposed to be special in some way. Or do you just have to be human?" I asked.

"You're wondering how our powers work in the first place? Well, you have to care for the Earth, of course. If you don't then first of all, how did you even find this place? And second, you wouldn't be able to use Elemental magic. You just have to have positive feelings for the Earth, otherwise you wouldn't be able to control the power. That has happened a few times because some people here got a little too arrogant and showed off their powers to some specific people. Then those certain people tried to get in. And the King and Queen back then thought of that as illegal to not let those kind of people in. The few select people that did manage to get in... well let's just say things didn't end well.

"But now, King Naro and Queen Bianca have told us that it isn't illegal to use our powers outside of Terra Arbor, it's just that you can't use your powers in front of certain people that you know will abuse the power. We have to make sure that they care for this planet. And trust me, either way, the Elements themselves know about your true feelings," Juniper explained.

"Right," I nodded. "Makes sense,"

We reached the hallway for the school.

"So, you think you're ready?" Juniper looked at me.

"I guess so. If you mean, ready to learn about Magic, then yes. Definitely," I nodded.

"Good. Just making sure you are ready. You're going to be learning and training in the Beginner classes. There are sure to be plenty of kids your age, don't worry. Other kids learning here introduce Terra Arbor to all ages. The youngest we've ever had here in our recorded history was a four year old. In fact, that person is Queen Bianca Flores herself," She said proudly.

"Really?" She nodded as we started our walk down the hill.

"So I'm guessing kids have to wake up early to get to school, considering the fact that they have to walk at least half a mile to get to the front door," I said. Juniper shook her head.

"There are plenty of ways to get to school besides walking. You can have your own bike or skateboard. There's a secret path that's not all grass so we're able to actually use our wheels. There's also a way to teleport yourself to the school. That's for Intermediate and Advanced kids, though. Beginners can use their bikes or skateboards or their feet if they have to. And you can actually get a vehicle here at the school. Even add decorations or repaint it. We can get one for you today, if you'd like," She explained.

"Sure," I nodded. "I'd rather bike,"

We were walking past some of the kids in the courtyard. Children of all ages were running around, having a good time. Some stopped and waved at us. One little girl with curly, light brown hair and sky blue eyes walked up to me and tugged my hand. I knelt.

"Are you new here?" She asked.

"Yeah," I nodded.

"Welcome, then!" She yelled, excited. "I'm new here, too! I got here in the early morning. My parents were killed last night. But then a special policeman took me here!" She said, happily. I just stared at her. Her parents were killed? Last night? "My name's Izzy, by the way. Izzy Aurora," She introduced herself. I just kept looking at her. I couldn't believe she could just push through the fact that her parents were dead.