A Calm Ending...

I walked up to the black and white caskets, a flower in each hand. I was in a simple black tube dress that stopped below my knee with a pair of black flats. The flowers were gray roses from the Garden. I placed them on the top of the caskets, and closed my eyes with a slight bow.

"Thank you," I whispered then walked off from the cemetery. I headed back to the throne room and went through the doors to the Academy.

I sat in the grass of the courtyard, staring up at the clear, night sky. I smiled up at them. Even if I knew the King and Queen for a short time, they helped me with everything I know now. They taught me how to fight, how to use my powers for good... I'm basically in their debt.

"Hey,"

I turned to see Nico's midnight blue eyes. "Hi,"

He was in a simple white dress shirt with a black jacket and black dress pants. He laid down next to me, looking up at the stars.

"Ya know you missed who the old Council picked as the next King and Queen," Nico said.

"Well... I already feel like I know who the Queen is," A breeze blew in from the east, lifting my loose hair.

"Well, can you figure out who the King is?" He sat up and I could feel his stare looking at me.

I blinked and looked over at him. "You're kidding, right?"

"Nope. They picked Beginners as their new King and Queen," He shrugged with a small smile.

"Doesn't that also mean we're picking a new Council, too?" I asked.

"Yeah. The old Council said we have a week," He looked up again.

And then silence. What was left was the leaves rustling.

"Do you actually think everyone trusts me enough now?" He broke the silence.

"They chose you to be King," I rolled my eyes and looked at him. "Of course they'd trust you enough. You basically saved my life and aided in fighting the Osores,"

"When I said everyone, that includes you too, Idaline," Nico said, looking back at me.

And this time, our eye contact stayed unwavering.

I sighed and shook my head with a smirk. "After all we went through? Please, Nico,"

He stood with a sigh. "I'll see you tomorrow, then,"

I stood and silently crept after him. When I was close enough to lean over to his ear, I whispered: "Of course I trust you again, idiot,"

He whipped around as I backed up. "So?" I inquired. "Is there anything you want to say? Nico?"

No words were said as he stepped forward and wrapped me in a warm embrace. I buried my face into the crook of his neck, smiling.

Then I felt him grab my chin between his index finger and thumb and guided my face up to his. He stared into my eyes with a smirk on his face.

"I promise I will fight for you. And Arbor,"

"Wasn't that what you said you'd do when you earn my trust again?" I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Yeah. What about it?"

"If you dare die for my life in battle, I will never forgive you, Nico Avalon," I said with a smirk.

"I'm a fighter. You know that," I felt him wrap his arms around my waist.

"Then I guess I don't have to worry,"

And he leaned down and kissed me.

I smiled against his lips, happy that this didn't have to end badly.

When we pulled away, I laid my head on his chest, keeping a firm hold on him as he kept me close.

"So, Queen Ida. Would you like to be my permanent alarm clock for the rest of the year?" Nico looked down at me as I just rolled my eyes with a smirk.

"Is that supposed to be some form of you asking me to be your girlfriend?" I questioned. I could tell when he tensed, he also blushed.

"No, of course not," He said, sarcastically.

"But, to answer your question," I pulled away and looked up at him. "Sure. Just as long as you actually get up when I blow the air horn in your ear,"