Beginning

"You ready for school today?" Juniper asked.

We were on my porch in the early morning, with the stars still out and the moon with looking down on us, matching the color of my bike.

I stared at my schedule and looked at the classes that I would have for the whole summer.

Schedule for Idaline Cyprus
1. Beg. Herbology - Prof. Haley
2. Beg. Potions - Prof. Risma
3. History of Tsunachi - Prof. Aleza
~~~Lunch~~~
4. Weapon Learning/Training - Prof. Agro
5. Tsunachi Learning/Training - Prof. Magia
6. Training - Prof. Coda
***Every friday at seven PM all of the students gather at the courtyard for astronomy - Prof. Chandra

"Is Beginning Herbology easy?" I asked her. "It's my first class," I added.

Juniper looked up and thought about it.

"Yeah, I'd say so. It's a bit confusing at first, though. But for today you'll probably just get to know the professor and your classmates," She answered.

"Okay. I trust that answer," I sighed with relief.

"You nervous?" I nodded in reply. "Why?"

"I mean... who wouldn't be? The first day at a school like this, I might make a fool out of myself," I said, leaning against the rail.

Juniper just laughed and walked over to me, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"What?" I looked up at her.

"You don't need to worry about that," She reassured me. "I remember my first day. My classmates were as nervous as I was. You don't need to sweat it. If it helps, just think of it as a first day at a regular high school," Juniper suggested.

I smiled at the thought. The first day at Prior High was one of the most memorable ones. People were running around in the courtyard, getting back together with friends, making new friends and just being crazy teenagers or as normal as we could get. The atmosphere was uplifting and, along with Zoey and Jack, it felt like we were celebrating each other's return.

"Alright. What time is it?" I asked her.

Juniper walked off the porch, hands in her jeans pockets, and looked into the dark sky.

"About five o'clock. Shall we go and wake up our neighbors?" She suggested with a mischievous smile. With her contagious smile, I nodded, as she held up an air horn.

We walked over to their house and entered, considering Izzy wanted to keep it unlocked for me and Juniper to come in anytime.

It was dark except for the emergency light above the front door. We entered the bedroom and all I heard were soft breaths. I flipped on the lights and neither of them budged. They had separate beds on either side of the room.

Turning to Juniper, I nodded at her to blow the air horn.

She held it up high and pressed the button, the sound ringing out all throughout the house.

Nico shot up and looked around frantically as Izzy just rolled onto her side, not even bothered. Juniper and I were rolling around on the ground, laughing at Nico.

"Girls, not funny," He grumbled, crashing back onto the pillows.

"Don't you dare go back to sleep, Avalon," I warned him but he didn't listen. I grabbed the air horn out of Juniper's hand and put it right next to his left ear. "I'm warning you," But he didn't so much as flinch so I let out a short burst.

He jerked up again and shoved the horn away as I laughed.

"Alright, I'm up. I'm up," He muttered, clearly annoyed.