Learning

I sat down on my bed, my back against the side wall, with Nico at the foot of my bed, looking at me.

"While Izzy's asleep? Why?" He asked. I sighed and shook my head.

"A young girl shouldn't be told something this crazy. I don't want her little mind to be corrupted with violent images, not to mention she's already gone through the trauma of losing her parents. She doesn't need the trouble," I said while his midnight blue eyes stared at me.

"Anyway. What did happen?" Nico asked.

I inhaled deeply and closed my eyes.

"How should I say this?" I muttered.

"Don't worry. Take your time," He put his hand on my shoulder, comfortingly.

I smiled at him, grateful.

"Alright. So first off..."

I told him everything. From the legends of the Omnes to the fact that I am an Omnes to explaining that was the reason I was pulled aside at our block period. He stayed silent, listening intently, nodding every so often, indicating he was somewhat understanding what I was babbling.

And when I was finished, the surprised look on his face definitely had to mirror my own when I first found out.

"...Wow... that's just... wow..." was all he could think to say.

"That was my exact reaction too when they told me," I said.

"But now what? Now that they know you're an Omnes what's gonna happen?" He questioned.

"Professor Magia told me that Professor Coda is going to help me with controlling my powers. I guess if they didn't something bad would happen," I shrugged.

"Maybe just so you know how to use your powers for the good of Terra Arbor," Nico hypothesized.

"That would make the most sense. But I wonder what the Omnes is good for as a whole. Like all we can do is control Light and Shadow. Great. And it's not like I want to take over the Earth or anything. I'm not cut out for that kind of thing. Not to mention I do not do the whole 'killing the people closest to me'. I wouldn't have the guts to do that," I sighed and leaned my back against his shoulder again.

"To think summer would get this complicated," I mumbled and slumped, laying my head on his shoulder and kept myself from falling from his arm.

"And I'm pretty sure it'll get even more complicated as time goes on," He said and laid his head on my own. And the way he said that made it sound real. Like there would be nothing to stop the complications after this first one.

***

"Oi, sleepyheads! Time to get up!" I heard a familiar girl's voice. I felt a warmness on my cheek and arm.

"Hey. Ida," I felt a small poke on my arm.

"Did I actually...?" I answered Nico's voice.

"Yeah we kinda fell asleep in a huge mess," I felt his chest rumble under my touch as he laughed.

"Sorry! I didn't mean for that to happen!" I sat up to see his hair tousled, his bangs hanging over his eyes. His sincere smile, reassuring.

"No, it's okay. As long as we're not late for school," He pet the top of my head. I rolled my eyes and removed his hand from my head.

"Anyway, what time is it, Jun?"

"Time for you to get a watch and time for you to get up," She said then walked out the bedroom.

"Thanks and love you too!" I stood and yelled at her from the door, a bit annoyed.

Nico just laughed at my behavior.