Chapter Fourteen

Last Love

Chapter Fourteen

@CheyenneRayne

All Rights Reserved

            The rest of the night was very calm and I took the time to put my things away and take a nap. Vampires didn’t really need sleep, but I needed to rest my brain for a while. After everything that has happened today, I think I deserved it.

            The next morning, Klaus woke me. He was sitting next to me, reading a book. “What are you doing?” I ask as I sit up.

            “Waiting for sleeping beauty to awake. We have much to do today.”

            “Really? And what would that be?”

            “Well, we have to finish your painting, hang them, then have lunch, maybe a little vampire book club with Elijah, and my sister would like to meet you this evening.”

            “Oh, goody… Want to give me a little background on her? I don’t remember meeting her all those centuries ago.”

            “You didn’t meet her because she was in a coffin. I staked her a few years before I met you then my brother decided to bring her back without my blessing… She’s annoying but harmless.”

            “Wonderful, I’m sure I’ll enjoy that… Well, if we’re gonna be so busy, I guess I’d better get ready.” I shew him out the door and get ready. I try to hurry because, honestly, I’m kind of excited. Before, I didn’t really have anything to look forward to. I’d get up, sit around the house, argue with Damon, and repeat. There was never anything for me to do, the only person I had to talk to was Stefan and Damon. Stefan only wanted to talk about Elena and Damon always wanted to argue. A part of me felt like something was missing and now I know what it was…

            Klaus.

            “Coming, love?” He yells from outside the door.

            “Yeah!” I do a quick check in my full length mirror then leave the room. He meets me by the stairwell, then we head outside. “So, how much do you have left?” I ask as I try to take a peek at the painting.

            “Uh-uh, you can’t see it until it’s finished.”

            “Well, what do you have left?”

            “Just part of the background, it won’t take long.” I sit in my usual spot as my phone beeps, signaling a text message. I look and see it’s from Damon. I roll my eyes and shove the phone back into my pocket.