Chapter Twenty Four

Last Love

Chapter Twenty Four

@CheyenneRayne

All Rights Reserved

Elijah’s POV

            Grace leaves the room without another word. She’s upset, whether she wants to admit it or not. I was surprised at some of her remarks, then again, Grace has always bottled up her feelings until they explode. It seems as if Niklaus has pushed her too far this time…

            “Is that what you wanted?” Klaus whispers, looking up at me.

            “What are you talking about?” I ask curiously.

            “You stood there and let her talk to me like that and yet you never said a word! It’s almost as if you wanted her to say all those things.”

            “It doesn’t matter what I want, Niklaus, it’s always been about her. She needed to say that, whether you wanted to hear it or not. I keep taking up for you, I’ve done it for centuries and I’m done. You’re going to have to learn what you should and shouldn’t say to her. I warned you before. The only thing she has left is the Salvatore’s and I guarantee you, she would risk her life to save either of them without thinking twice. To her, that subject is off limits and when you told her to let Damon die, you lit a wildfire. Now, she will stop at nothing to prove you wrong.”

            “I may have, but she can’t go anywhere without me, you know that.” He smirks.

            I turn to walk away. As I exit the door, I whisper, “Never say can’t, brother… Where there’s a will, there’s a way.” I leave the house and find Grace. I feel her, she’s near… I head toward the back of the property and enter a thick line of trees. I catch her scent and follow it to a nearby clearing.

            She’s standing in the middle, staring up at the sky. As I get closer I notice she’s only here physically. Her spirit is somewhere else. I stand in front of her and take in the surroundings as I wait for her to return.

            Time begins to go by quickly and soon, it’s been an hour since I arrived here. I’m a little worried so I do exactly what she hates the most. I get into her mind…

            “Mother, I can’t let Damon die. Stefan would never forgive me and I would never forgive myself…” She mutters.

            “I cannot tell you what to do, my child, but I can tell you what you need to know. Talia was a fantastic spirit witch, she was good, loving… Then she meet Elijah’s father… He turned her evil. I’m afraid I had to create you to destroy her.”