Chapter Twenty One

Last Love

Chapter Twenty One

@CheyenneRayne

All Rights Reserved

            Looks like little miss angelic, isn’t so angelic anymore… I mean, the kiss of death, really? Sounds a little… Dangerous… “What did Mother Nature say exactly?” Klaus asks as we follow Elijah upstairs from the basement.

            “She just said I found my true meaning and then Elijah told me to do that.” I shrug as Klaus looks to his brother questioningly.

            Elijah responds before Klaus can speak, “Many centuries ago, I read Mother’s journal. I found an entry about Mother Nature and found it quite interesting… Mother ran into a witch when she was in Europe. Her name was Talia, she was the first spirit witch… You are the second.”

            “What in the heck is a spirit witch?”

            “Exactly what it sounds like, you’re a witch that controls the spirits. The kiss of death is your power. You can take someone’s spirit, causing them to die, or fulfil it again, making them live.” I stare at Elijah in disbelief. “I know it’s sudden, but that’s what the witches were talking about. You truly have a gift, Grace, you just have to learn how to use it.”

            “So, can she do that to anyone?” Klaus asks.

            “Yes, but she has to want to. For instance, if she kissed you, nothing would happen.”

            “I have the weirdest, unnatural life of any human being that has ever stepped foot on earth.” I add shaking my head. I walk up the stairs to my room, with Klaus close behind.

            “That may be, but you’re not human, love.” He chuckles.

            “Not funny.”

            “Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood…” It remains quiet awhile before I finally get up enough nerve to change the subject.

            “Ya know, we never did what we came here to do…”

            “The mark? Yes, yes, I know… I was waiting for you to mention it actually, we can complete the bond anytime you like.”

            I was afraid he would say that. Truth was, I didn’t want to make that decision. I’d rather him just catch me off guard otherwise, I’ll worry about it and I’d rather not be stressed right now. I’m better at taking surprises, really.

            “Is that what you want?” Klaus asks, bringing me back to reality. Sometimes, the mind reading is a good thing, sometimes it just gets on my nerves.