Chapter Twenty Three

Last Love

Chapter Twenty Three

@CheyenneRayne

All Rights Reserved

            Darkness. Pure darkness.

            I turn my head from side to side. I can’t see or hear anything. Where am I? What is this place? I use my sense of smell as my last resort… It’s sweet and very familiar, but what is it? I focus in on the scent trying to remember where I had encountered it before…

            Damon.

            “Grace? Is that you?” He whispers, I still can’t see him.

            “Damon? Where are you? Can you hear me?” I ask quickly.

            “Yes, I can, but why? You’re not really here…”

            “I’m here in spirit, I’ll explain later… Where are you?”

            It’s silent a moment before Damon drawls a ragged breath. “I did what you said… I went out to find my soul mate… I thought I found her, but I was wrong… She staked me and put me down here… I haven’t seen her since, but she mentioned you?”

            Uh oh, “What was her name? Did she tell you?”

            “Talia.”

            Suddenly, there’s a change in the scenery, a bright light turns on and I’m able to see Damon. He’s chained inside a cell, blood covering his body. “She’s here?!?! She’s here, isn’t she?” A lady screams, her voice getting closer.

            “Damon, don’t tell her! Where are you?”

            “Tennessee.” He whispers as the lady looks into the cell. She’s blonde, much like me, but with black, cold eyes. Damon doesn’t look at her as she curiously looks around the cell. “Damon, is she here? I feel something, is it her?” She asks as her expression softens.

            “It’s not her…” Damon mutters as she unlocks the cell door.

            “Well, then I guess I’ll just have to torture you a little more to get her attention, now won’t I?” She smirks as I’m suddenly ripped away from the dream.

            I jump up as Elijah and Klaus quickly appear at my side. “We were getting worried, love, you’ve been out of it for almost two days.”