2. My Hyung's Best Friend

"Wow, I can't remember Jongin had any hot relatives. You're his girlfriend or something?"

Insulted, Baekhyun's face instantly heated up (both out of anger and embarrassment because, God, did Park Chanyeol just call him hot?) and a frown crept up his face.

After all, he knew for a good reason why he shouldn't have answered the door when having heavy make-up on. He always tended to go to school entirely barefaced. No question needed. He'd go practically everywhere barefaced; his YouTube beauty channel was strictly kept low and secretive.

Thank God his brain started working smoother than ever before as soon as the offensive words dared slipping out the giant's mouth.

Next thing he knew, he was about to slam the door in the other's face, but Chanyeol was much to his misfortune the quicker one. "Wait, h-!" He hastily put his foot in between the frame, stopping it from shutting in an easy manner.

"The hell?" Chanyeol hissed in pain. "You're breaking my leg! Cool down!"

Throwing a sudden hissy fit, Baekhyun couldn't think probably, couldn't stop, didn't stop. Yeah, break your legs. And maybe both your arms, too. Oh, also your neck, that'd be pretty nice.

Baekhyun's knuckles were turning white when--

"Baekhyun? What the hell are you doing there?!"

The voice of his elder brother cut and sliced his anger like a sharp knife.

Baekhyun froze, his hands which had been on the door knob now falling to his sides. The door flew open the second Baekhyun moved away. Chanyeol stood there at the frame; confused and baffled as soon the words hit him right in the brain.

"Baekhyun...?" He then slowly said, quite puzzled; as if he had never heard that name before. A sudden wave of realization broke the frown on his face, dropping his jaws. "Holy... Holy shit, that's your annoying little brother right here?"

"Yeol, what are you even doing here?!" Jongin tossed the question about Baekhyun aside, too enthusiastic about the taller's unexpected appearance to care. His best friend wasn't supposed to stand at this door all careless, all of a sudden, after being jailed up for almost two years.

"Is that how you're greeting one of your best mates after a long ass time?" Chanyeol teased, leaning against the door frame as he smirked playfully. "Guess what~"

"Aw man, what you're waiting for? Come in! Didn't know today was the day of yo-"

"He's staying where he is. Don't dare leaving your cursed spot, criminal." A cross-armed Baekhyun broke in, his voice stern. The hatred and abomination was basically written all over his face.

Chanyeol's left eyebrow raised up in astonishment, surprise. He turned to the direction of the voice and settled a indescribable gaze at the smaller. An even smugger smirk quirked up at the corner of his mouth as he studied Baekhyun's soft pale features.

Yes. He wouldn't have ever expected that Baekhyun would have grown this well.

Back then, he would be pretty pissed by the other's bossy act.

But this was so much better.

Baekhyun almost felt like squirming under the other's dark look, and he'd be lying if he claimed he didn't feel slightly imitated. But Baekhyun knew he had to downright brush it off just to show no signs of weakness.

"Now, now, barbie doll. Look at yourself. What's with that make up, midget? You must have kept my release date in mind pretty well, huh?"

If it hadn't been for the cool mask he'd have to keep on, Baekhyun would have choked on his own spit now. "Get lo-"