18. Exciting, But Empty

Baekhyun was marveled and amazed.

Brazil seemed like a whole new world to the native-born Korean citizen. Somewhere in the midst of Rio de Janeiro, Baekhyun woke up between white sheets, feeling incredibly tiny in the middle of a king-sized bed. 

Unlike his everyday life back in Seoul, the South American state didn't seem all flowery, didn't seem boring and way too ordinary, didn't seem too perfect. 

Wails of sirens were heard hourly, life was adventurous, dangerous and exciting. Real.

It had been two days since their private jet had landed, and it had been two days since their arrival in an imposing beach villa. Sure, their accommodation was questionable, since the beach villa looked like it was at least in the seven-digit dollars range.

However, it was to be expected, considering the type of people he complied on going on a trip with. He was among drug traffickers, people who in all likelihood earned in a month more than his father did in his entire life. 

His gaze on the enormous windows to the balcony, Baekhyun viewed the ocean waves rolling gently along the sea, crashing rhythmically against the beach, which resulted in a soft clash of the cyan ocean water against the sand. It was soothing, but not soothing enough to ease his mind. 

These two past days, Chanyeol had been busy a lot, lightly neglecting Baekhyun in the process. Baekhyun knew it was illegal business cutting their time for one another short, and obviously, he was actually in no place to get riled up. He wasn't supposed to feel vexed and all worked up. 

Yet he did.

These past nights, they wouldn't even have sex anymore, an activity Baekhyun had actually anticipated the most on the trip. He had even imagined it; banging on the beach, banging here, banging there, banging everywhere. And he was sure, he was so sure he'd get it since he had initially thought that, that was also more or less the reason Chanyeol had brought him along in the first place.

Was he wrong? Or was Baekhyun just being too eager?

Then again, it was a change overall. Ever since they had set foot on the state, the taller male seemed dubious, seemed foreign. Sometimes he'd fidget around with his hands or feet, appearing like there was something unsettling his nerves and instincts.

Despite everything, despite their shortened time together, despite Chanyeol's quizzical behavior, despite his immoral line of work, despite the non-existence of sex, and despite everything, Baekhyun still trusted him. He wanted to still trust him.

Because how could he not when at the end of the day, Chanyeol gave him that gentle, assuring smile, when at the end of the day, Chanyeol still apologized for being so preoccupied and busy- 

When at the end of the day, he unknowingly fell for him more and more?

*

"Where are we going to?" Baekhyun followed the two guys out of the mansion, curiosity stirred up. 

"Strip. Club." Minseok casually retorted, popping the 'P'. Junmyeon, the other guy, hummed affirmatively, a mile-wide smirk upon his face. 

During the past days, Baekhyun actually became acquainted with a lot of people of the group. They all were temporarily sleeping under the same roof after all. In addition to that, the entire crew treated him super well, so well that fearing being left alone was completely redundant. 

"S-Strip club?" Baekhyun repeated insecurely. "What- Why even?" 

"It's actually not any strip club, but a strip club, which especially the rich visits. You, Bambam, and a few others will be guest-workers for this night," Junmyeon explained calmly as if they were discussing the weather.