17. Thump

"Hey," Luhan said lightly under his breath. "Yes... Sehun."

Sehun nodded, a soft smile plastered on his face as he affectionately glanced at Luhan. 

A few hours ago, the moment Luhan had given him a buzz, the moment Luhan's woeful voice had sounded from the other line, Sehun had known that the younger had found out about the entire somber drama. He knew that Luhan most likely felt agonized, played, and carelessly discarded at that moment.

And perhaps, Sehun eventually had a certain thought enclosing his mind, the thought of hope. Because, maybe, the odds were in their favor. As much as Sehun had wanted to deny it in the past weeks, Luhan indeed had captured a spot in his head. 

On the other hand, it was the only way Luhan had been able to opt for in this situation. Calling Sehun up and picking the other's brain about the entire drama, exactly. 

Then again, knowing Sehun was actually a close friend of Chanyeol, and since he had also found out that Chanyeol actually was one huge douche, he also started suspecting the 18 years old. 

So far, Sehun had been incredibly gentle to him, Luhan knew this. But considering the fact that he used to think of Chanyeol different, too, thought that the redhead wasn't as terrible as Baekhyun had always told him, Sehun was probably no different case. 

Nonetheless, he needed enlightenment, he needed clarifications and answers. And it was alright to meet Sehun just for once, it was fine as long as further encounters wouldn't happen. As long as this would be their last meeting.

Baekhyun - he was confusing. A riddle. Because after having thought things through, Luhan remembered he had noticed Baekhyun's slow change weeks prior. And whatever had made him change - it was dubious and questionable. The tears Baekhyun had shed at school when Chanyeol had visited him back then. The way Baekhyun looked when Luhan had first found out about the hickeys - broken and in pain - it was still engraved on his mind. 

Baekhyun rarely cried, strictly speaking, he never cried; he never broke down.

"What's the truth about Baekhyun and Chanyeol?" Luhan blurted out after considerable time of silence, his head lowered. 

Sehun pursed his lips, his smile having fallen off his face. Was it better to tell hurtful truths or comforting lies to the ones you liked? He could also just wave the question away, pretending he didn't know about anything, but he was sure that having no clue would break Luhan even more than it already did. 

"How did you find out?" Sehun asked carefully, deflecting Luhan's question at first. 

Luhan felt his guts contracting. "I... I..." He stuttered, lightly shaking his head. Saying it aloud was harder than expected, and was at least twice as painful. "I had a video call with Baekhyun. And when he thought the camera was off, Chanyeol appeared, and- and they kissed and did... stuff." 

It wasn't like he truly loved Chanyeol a lot or anything, their relationship hadn't lasted long enough to develop after all. 

The thing was that he finally had the opportunity to be happy for once, finally had his first relationship. He always had dreamed of a tall, handsome, charming boyfriend, always wanted to know how it would be like to held hands with a lover.

He had merely yearned for happiness; and he had experienced it for the first time. But the fact that Baekhyun, his very own best friend, had betrayed him, had broken and wrecked this single chance he had gotten in life;

it hurt.

Sehun nodded, he felt pity, he felt painfully bad for the young teen in front of him. I could've treated you so much better, could've given you so much more. He stared at Luhan, noting his undeniable beauty. Peachy cheeks, long dark lashes framing his captivating dark brown eyes, plump, rosy lips formed into a frown. This was unfair.