Chapter Eight

**TRIGGER WARNING**

~Winter’s p.o.v.

As I got out of the car, I wiped the tears from my face and walked in.

“Hi, I’m Winter Harmony room 564, I’m gonna go see Kellin.” I said quickly walking past the receptionist.

“Whoa there, hold up.” I looked back at her, “Sign in, show us your ID, then you can go.”

I nodded, scribbled my signature with shaking hands, showed her my ID, she nodded, “You can go now.” I nodded and ran to the elevator.

“C’mon, c’mon, c’mon…” I said, impatiently pushing the buttons multiple times. When the doors opened I ran into a young couple, accidentally bumping into the teenage girl.

“Oh, sorry…” I mumbled shyly. She was quirky and laughed, “It’s alright!” she smiled at me and walked off with, I’m guessing, her boyfriend. I closed the doors as soon as they got out and pressed the button to the fifth floor. It seemed like it took forever until the doors opened, but they finally did.

I ran down the hall to Kellin’s room, and then calmly and quietly opened the door to see Kellin. He looked dead, but I could tell he was still alive by his heart rate monitor.

I walked up to him and kissed him softly.

“I thought you were gonna be okay...I thought that you were gonna be home by—” he put his index finger up to my lips, softly and moved his mouth to say “shh,”

I shut up, he slowly and shakily gestured his arm for me to lie down next to me.  I, of course, did. And I rested my head on his shoulder.

This could very well be our last moment together.  

A nurse came into the room, looking very grim.

“Dear,” she started to me, “You’re going to have to leave in a few minutes.”

I looked over to Kellin, his eyes were closed.  She slowly walked out and closed the door.

I kissed him on the cheek, tears forming in my eyes. “I’ll love you, forever. That will never change. I promise.”

His eyes slightly opened, “I love,” he coughed, “I love you too.” He replied smiling, his hand and mine locked, “forever.” He finished, still smiling.

I kissed his lips softly and his eyes were starting to slowly close. His heart monitor was going faster and faster; I couldn’t watch anymore. I ran out of the room, in tears, as quickly as I could. Doctors rushed to the room, closed the door, and that was that.

He is dead.

I just know it.

He’s dead.

What am I supposed to do now? There’s no purpose.

I ran to my car and sped home.

I ran to the medicine cabinet, still in tears, and grabbed a bunch of different prescriptions.

“I’m so done. I want to die!” I screamed, throwing the pills across the room and running to the kitchen to get a knife.

I grabbed a random one and made multiple slits along my arm.

I dropped the knife, kind of bloody, onto the floor and ran to retrieve the pills I threw.

I grabbed them and swallowed 1/4 of about three bottles. Then, everything became blurry.

"Winter!" I heard my name

"Winter!!" I heard it a second time, this time: multiple people.

"Winter, babe.." I finally recognized a voice enough to make out who's it was.

Kellin.

"We have to call an ambulance." He sighed, "Stay with me, babe.." He said to me, "Stay..." His words started to trail off and soon all I could see was light and muffled sounds.

~Kellin's p.o.v.

Tears started forming in my eyes. The ambulance arrived very quickly, Have opened the doors for them, Jack ran to show them where we were, and Justin stayed here with me.

"She...she tried to kill herself. Because of me.."

This happened a few.hours.after they have me meds, oxygen, all that. They should've called her, the damn hospital. Then, we wouldn't be in this mess.

These were the thoughts I was thinking as I was in the ambulance while Winter was getting oxygen tubes, on life support..Was this how I was? I didn't care how I was, all I cares about was Winter being okay. 

I hope she's okay, but...what if she's not?

I walked up to her gurnee and felt her scarred arms, looked at her pale, lifeless face, then to the heart rate monitor. It was going awfully slow. I sighed, tears formed in my eyes. I cleared my throat and walked to the wall of the ambulance so nobody could see me cry.

God, I felt like a wimp.

Well, you'd be heartless and inconsiderate if you weren't crying about your, almost, fiancé dying.

I looked at her. The doctors and nurses surrounded her. All giving each other orders and going back and forth to get supplies. They used CPR, multiple times, and kept pumping oxygen and blood into her.

"This is all my fault," I muttered, putting my hands in my hair and moving them from my hair to cover my nose.

I looked at Winter's lifeless looking body, and whispered, as if to her, "I'm sorry." Tears streamed down my face and I looked away towards the wall.