Chapter 3

I woke up to the sound of someone knocking on my door. I totally forgot I locked it last night. Maybe they'll go away. "Monica open up, I'm not gonna go away," Dave said. Dang it. I tried looking my worst as I made my way to the door, maybe he'll think I'm gross, and not want to marry me after all. I messed up my hair as best as I could. I left my all my clothes scattered on the floor, except for what I was wearing. But I brushed my teeth because I didn't want to have had breath no matter how much I didn't want to marry him. I opened the door, and yawned. "I look gross right now, what do you want?" "You actually look really cute, and I'll get the maid to pick up your clothes." I looked at him with wide eyes and quickly picked up my own clothes and hung them. No way was I making some lady to do it, they probably have so much to do anyways. I wasn't going to bother them with something I could easily do myself, they needed a break. "We're having breakfast with my family today and we invited your father." "Oh great," I said rolling my eyes.

"What? Do you not want him there?" "No." "Why?" "Its nothing, but instead could I have Brandon take his spot?" "Why would we do that?" "Because he's my best friend." He looked jealous. Wow, I can't believe he actually likes me. Not in like 'How could he ever like a girl like me!" way but in a 'I never expected that and I'm actually shocked' way. "Um, its kinda already too late. Your father's already here." I groaned. I got up and was headed towards the door when he pulled me back, "where do you think you're going?" He asked with a chuckle. "Um, to go get breakfast?" "You have to dress up sweetheart." I cringed at his choice of words. "You mean i can't be in my pj's while I eat breakfast? This is stupid." "I know, but please. Just for today, then you can wear whatever you want since you'll be queen." I sighed and slightly pushed him. I looked at my closet, finding a great choice of wardrobe. Everything was black, typical. "I like this," Dave said as he pulled out a simple, yet elegant black dress. It had a shiny black bow around the waist, it was actually really beautiful yet simple.

I went to the restroom inside my room and changed. Not gonna lie but it was a little hard to close. I had no choice but to walk out and ask Dave for help. "Hey Dave?" "What's up?" "Could you um, could you like zip me up because I can't so?" "Yea sure." He walked behind me while I moved my hair out of the way. When he touched my skin, it sent chills down my spine. He zipped me up slowly and whispered, "all done." With that I quickly walked back to the restroom. I put my hair in a high bun, with some white pearl earrings. I finally added some matte dark red lipstick and put on my silver heels. I walked out and headed towards the door, quickly walking to get this stupid thing over with.

Dave ran up to me right when I was going to go down the huge staircase, "we have to walk together." "Oh." He held out his arm and I hesitantly wrapped my arm around his. "You look nice," he said. He was wearing a grey button up with black slacks, and nice leather shoes. I shrugged, but he did look nice too. I mean I wouldn't say that to him but I would only think it. It's the thought that counts right? We headed towards the huge doors that led to the dining area. Just when I was about to open the door, a guard beat me to it, "allow me." "Thank you but I can hold my own door. Thanks for the offer though." I pushed his hand away and opened the door myself but Dave held it for me. I sighed. I seriously was never going to get used to this.

I saw my father and rolled my eyes at him. I sat down where I assumed was my chair, everyone gasped. "David why didn't you pull out the chair for her?!" His mother yelled. Before Dave could say anything I spoke up, "he doesn't have to. I did it because I can do it by myself, I don't need someone doing something for me that I do on a daily basis. So don't get mad at him because he's one of the two people that have actually been trying to help me with all this." Everyone went quiet, Dave smiled at me. Sure I didn't like Dave but I stand up for what's right.

I was brought waffles with fruit and syrup on top, along with a little bit of powdered sugar. Plus some orange juice. I told the maids thank you and that I really appreciated them and to tell the chef as well. "So how have you been liking it here lately?" Dave's father, a.k.a the king asked. "I don't." "Oh but I'm sure you will." "Okay?"

*

The rest of breakfast went by okay, except for my father giving me looks. When breakfast was finally over I took off my heels and ran into my room locking it. I was absolutely tired of everyone and it was only my first day. I needed to get away from them. Especially Dave, like he's nice and all but like seriously back off for just a little bit. I changed out of my dress and into a grey silk pj shirt with matching pj pants and fluffy black slippers. I called Brandon and asked him if i could come over, he said yes. He was possibly the only person I cared about right now. Yes I cared about my father but he threatened me and just pissed me off. I unlocked my door and used a key i had found to lock it from the outside. I quickly made my way downstairs, making sure not to get caught by guards. I managed to get outside. I hid behind the bushes and made my way towards the gate. The guards were talking so I had jump over the brick wall around the gate. I quietly landed on the grass and ran to Brandon's house. I was there in 1O minutes.

I knocked on his door out of breath and was greeted by his mother, she smiled. "Hello Mrs. Hoover, how are you?" "I'm good thank you for asking. You can go to his room, he's probably just watching tv. I said thank you and walked into the house, to go to his room. I walked in and slid down the door sighing. He looked at me with a confused face, "What's wrong with you?" "The Escamilla's and my father. My dad came over for breakfast earlier and they make everyone do everything for you, like??? They're not slaves! I can't even write because I don't have any paper or anything to write with." He gave me a sad smile and hugged me, he brought me to his bed, and kissed me on the forehead.