Chapter 16

Monica's POV: I woke up to snoring, and a sore neck. I looked around me, checking my surroundings. I was on the floor, being hugged by Andy. I pushed him off of me. I got up and went to the restroom to brush my teeth. I could not get used to these white walls. They were too bright, I seriously preferred the black ones back..home. It saddened me that I couldn't go back there. I missed Dave but I was strong enough to know that I couldn't let this stop my life. i was independent, i didn't depend on anyone. i need to do this for myself. i went to brandon's room, in hope that he would cheer me up. "hello?" i said as i knocked on his door, he was quick to answer. "hey," he said with a small smirk, and made a gesture that made me knew it was okay to go inside. I sat on his bed, and waited for him to sit down with me. "how you feeling?" he questioned. "i'm not gonna let this stop me from living. i miss dave, he was the first person i told that i loved them, and now it just seems like it was all for nothing. Maybe i fell too hard, he was probably the only person that was actually gonna ever love me. i don't know, it seems like it's just all a lie, all this love i finally developed for someone, that i don't even know if he's alive or not. i just hate this, i hate being lied to, i thought i was gonna spend the rest of my life with him, but i'm not, as of this moment," it felt good to take that off my chest. "you don't deserve this," brandon mumbled. "i feel like i do, and everything happens for a reason, i just want to know the purpose for it, like obviously us being best friends is for a reason," i said as i smiled, as the thought of my best friend clouded my mind. "no, monica, i mean you don't deserve this," he said as he gestured towards him and i. "um, what are you talking about?" i was extremely confused. he looked down into his lap, and finally made eye contact with me, "i-um I-I....," he paused and took a deep breath, and looked back up at me, "ever since i was little, i was sent as a spy from the white empire to spy on the black empire, part of that mission, was to become your best friend, and over time you became the most important person in my life, and you still are-e. i hope this doesn't e-ffect anyt-" i cut him off, "so, i lost my husband, and now my fake ex best friend." i got up and just as my hand touched the doorknob, he grabbed my hand.

"monica please don't do this!" he was crying, my eyes most likely looked like glass right now, but i wasn't gonna let him see how much this was effecting me, i couldn't, and i would never let him know much my heart was suffocating. it felt like shoelaces, getting tighter, and tighter as you tied them. i just shook my head, and went to open the door, but he closed it, "HOW IS YOUR HEART NOT FEELING WHAT IM FEELING RIGHT NOW!?!?!" he cried out. "because- because i don't care anymore! YOU WERE THE ONLY PERSON I HAD LEFT THAT KNEW EVERYTHING ABOUT ME, YOU FREAKING DROPPED THIS HUGE BOMB ON ME AND WHAT DO YOU EXPECT ME TO DO!?!? IM NOT GONNA CRY OVER SOMETHING THAT CLEARLY DIDNT MATTER TO YOU!" "MY FAMILY NEEDED THE MONEY! YOU DONT KNOW HOW HARD IT WAS FOR ME TO SEE MY PARENTS SUFFER BECAUSE YOU ONLY HAD ONE!" In that moment, i had never been so angry, so upset, so broken, so depressed, that i never thought i would do it but i did. A loud slap echoed throughout the room, and that was enough for me to pry the door open.

it just felt like the whole world was crumbling in my hands, as if I had wanted for all of this happen. I ran to my fathers room, not caring about what he was doing. as soon as he saw me enter, he came close to me. "daddy i need you so much," i said as i cried into his shoulder, he didn't speak, he just hugged me. i felt myself losing balance, and collapsed to the floor, while he still held me. he put me in his lap, and rubbed my back. his shirt was soaked with tears in only one spot, everything was wrong, everything. i just wanted to be happy and it's like i couldn't even feel that anymore, like it wasn't my right, like i didn't deserve it. we sat there for what seemed like forever. i told him what happened, and he offered to kick brandon's butt, i laughed. my dad may cause me to go crazy, but he was a great despite everything that has happened. he was great for a single parent. "when your mother left, i felt like she took my life too, but she didn't. she just took the best part of it. i felt like i had no one, my parents were dead, and so were hers, and i was an only child. but then i remembered that i had something that was both mine, as it was equally hers. you. You make me so happy, and just know that because everything is falling apart, it gets built, into something better, something bigger, and something that'll last, and be better than the old one." i had never related to something so much. "i love you dad." i really did, he was only man that has stayed consistent in my life. "i love you too sweetheart," he said as he kissed the top of my forehead.