Chapter 1O

Monica's POV: That night I snuck into the basement of the castle. I had a flashlight with me and turned on the lights when I finally got to it. The basement was gigantic. I tried to stay quiet but with each step I took down the small flight of stairs in the basement, they cracked. When I finally made to the bottom of the staircase, I looked around. I rummaged through some boxes that I found in the corner. Pictures? I pulled out a small picture frame, it was Dave when he was younger. I awed, and put it back down. There were pictures of Aeon burning, then it occurred to me, who would be taking pictures when that was going on? The people looked terrified. I stumbled across a journal. No one is aloud to write, so my suspicions grew. I flipped to random page, the cursive handwriting read: He's crazy. I think maybe even obsessed. I just want to be happy, but I can't with him wanting me, when I didn't want him. He even offered to pay me. I love my boyfriend, and want to get married, but with 'Him' around...everything's impossible. I think I have a plan...I must run, and never look back. By the time they notice I'm gone they'll stop looking for me and maybe 'He' will move on to another. I wish for whoever he gets, that they know what he wanted to do to me. I can no longer continue writing this, I'm leaving in a few days. To where? Where ever destiny takes me. I will leave them behind. This is for their safety, but also mine.

"Woah," I said to myself. Whoever wrote this must have been in deep trouble. The way that they wrote made me feel something, I took the journal, and placed it under my arm. I looked through another box, and found another picture of young Dave but this time, a ran boy with a mole above his lip was standing next to him. It looked like it was out in the forest. I couldn't help but wonder who the boy was. In the same box, I found a white piece of clothing. I was actually really shocked by it, we weren't allowed to wear anything but grey, black, and silver. They said white made us too obvious to the enemy but really, who even was our enemy?

Just then I found a picture of my parents? It was in a broken picture frame, the glass was cracked. It looked like someone had thrown it or punched it. Why was there an old picture of my parents when they were younger in here? I grabbed it. I got chills, something really didn't feel right. Then if I wasn't already worried, I found a ring. I instantly recognized it. It was my mother's. She had it on at all times. My heart fell, why was this in here?!?! I didn't have anymore time to freak out because then I heard someone run down the flight of stairs, "who's down here?!" I grabbed the ring and picture from the box and ran into a wardrobe closer. I closed the door and left a little of the door open so I could see out but not enough for the person to see me.

I heard more footsteps, there were more people. "Search the area!" They yelled. I tried to stay quiet, I was breathing through my nose, and I tried not to move. I looked inside the wardrobe, and there were black clothes. I got a closer look at one of the jackets, and in small lettering on the back it read, 'Z.C.'? "No, it can't be," I whispered ever so quietly so that only I could hear. Those were my mother's initials. "It could easily be someone else's initials." Who else has had a first name start with a Z and last name start with a C in the black empire. WHY ARE THERE SO MANY THINGS OF MY MOTHER'S DOWN HERE?!

I tried to calm down, and looked through the small crack of the wardrobe. Just as I did, I immediately regretted it because a guard saw me. The guards had the old fashioned helmet things that would cover their entire head, like medieval knights. He started walking towards the wardrobe, I backed more away into the corner of it. He made it to me, and just stood there. Why wasn't he doing anything? "Please, don't say anything," I whispered. "Shhh," he whispered. I gave him a confused look. "Did you find anything?!" A person in the distance yelled. "No, your majesty," the guard said. He was protecting me. Your majesty? Was it Dave's dad? Just then a person called from upstairs, "your majesty, your son is asking for you." Yup. "What does he want now?!" "I don't know sir." "UGH! YOU," he pointed to the guard that was in front of me,"stay down here in case you see anything, everyone else come upstairs!"

As soon as everyone left, the guard opened the wardrobe doors and helped me out. I still had the journal, picture, ring, and jacket with me. "Look if you want money, you got it! Just please don't tell." "You shouldn't be down here," they said in a deep voice. "Show your face please." "I-I can't do tha-t." "I am ordering you as your superior, to take it off," I didn't like being rude but I wanted to know who it was. They did as told, and as soon as they took it off, I froze but the anger and sadness washed over me. "BRANDON HOOVER!" He immediately covered my mouth, "shush!" He said in a whisper yell. "What are you doing here?!" "I could ask you the same thing." "I live here, I'm free to do what I want." "Then why were you hiding?" "Whatever just get out, I don't want to see you anymore. Just leave! You've done enough! I don't need you anymore." "Monica, j-just listen to me. PLEASE, i have a good reason." "You have 3 minutes." "Before you came to my house, these scarecrow things came. They attacked my family and I. They had a gun to my head when I answered the door, you couldn't see if because it was covered by the door. They told that if I was ever to come near you again, that your dad, my family, and I." "Wait, scarecrows?" "Yes." "Oh god." "What?" "One tried attacking Dave and I, a while back. In the forest. They killed a person that was wearing white." "Woah." "But why are you dressed as a guard?"

Brandon's POV: "But why are you dressed as a guard?" Just tell her the truth. Don't lie. "I-I this was the only way I could talk to you, w-without getting caught or hurt." You're horrible. "So we are still friends?!" She seemed so happy but the guilt was eating me. "Of course." She hugged me. "So, look what I found."

*

She showed me everything. I was worried actually. But what was I supposed to say? 'Oh they probably killed your mom or something and wrote about it in a journal'. I just hoped it wasn't what it looked like. She said she was gonna look through the journal some more later. Then I put my helmet thing back on my head, and walked out of the basement first. I checked to see that no one was there and then Monica tuned off the light, and we walked out. We walked out separate ways, and promised to talk to each other again soon. I went out the back door of the castle, said good bye to the fellow guards, and took off all of the iron outfit. I put it in my duffle bag, and walked home. I got to my room, telling my parents good night, and took out my phone. I dialed Andy's dad, "hello?" "Sir, I think I have a lead." "What is it?" "I think this might have to do with why you sent me back here in the first place." "What'd you find?" "I think I have a lead and Monica's mother might have something to do with it."

OOOH WE'RE GETTING TO THE GOOD PARTS SOON, I'LL WRITE CHAPTER 11 RN AND CONTINUE TOMORROW. GUYS ITS GONNA GET INTENSE