Chapter 3 : It's Settled Then

Picture of Blake Russell played by Brant Daughtry at the side.. EEK! ========>

Enjoy!

Tick-tock, tick-tock.

I've been sitting at the sofa in our living room for about fifteen minutes sating at the wall clock that was placed above the television. I was waiting for him to arrive.

After our confrontation a while ago, we decided to sit down and talk about rules since, "You're a girl and I'm a guy. We have different behaviour, needs, entertainment and practices so we need to talk this out.", He told me.

But before we manage to settle ourselves at the living room, he got an urgent phone call regarding the delivery of his car to the University's dorms so he needs to go fill up some papers and bring his car here before we can talk properly. He said that he'll be done in an hour or two.

So here I am. Waiting. We was gone for one hour and forty minutes now. I've been nervous since then. What will we really talk about? I am siting formally on the sofa, hands on my lap, knees closed tight and both feet on the floor.  My palms are already sweaty and I feel like being sick. God this can't be good.

I'm not really the type of person to be easily nervous at something so simple like talking with someone you just met about some round rules. But hell this isn't just someone, it's my mate for chocolate's sake. He's the one person who will have the power to change everything in me. 

I looked at the clock again and he's late. Now I'm worried. Did something happened to him? Did he have an accident or something? Gosh I sound like a nagging mom. If I'm already this worried now even though we just met a few hours ago, how worried will I be if we have known each other for a long time and if we are in a relationship and even if we're mated? I don't want to know. 

The jingle of keys snapped me out of my thoughts. 

The front door opened and Blake came in panting. He was sweaty like he had run a marathon before he came in. "I'm so sorry for being late and making you wait. I promised you I'll be here in an hour or two but I broke it. I made you wait.". he looked adorable when he's apologizing. Huh, now I think he's cute? Well, he is....cute, charming, handsome, beautiful, gorgeous, sexy, del--stop. I need to stop checking him out.

"Oh. It's OK. You didn't actually promised to me. You just said that you'll be here in an hour or two. That means you really didn't know how much time you will consume while doing the thing you've done." now I sounded dumb. Where did my English go?

"But still. I'm really sorry for that. I'll make it up to you next time." he said.

I wanted to scream Yes!. But I stopped. 

I kept my eyes on him while he's struggling to compose himself and in and out of his room. He finally stopped and and looked down. He looks like he was thinking of something. He brows are furrowed. He looks so adorable. 

Finally, he looked up straight at me. I froze. I'm still not used to the effect he had on me and I don't really know if I have the same effect to him as he do to me. He slowly approached the couches and sat at the one opposite me. I stared straight at his eyes. I noticed that his eyes aren'tjust blue. There's a brown ring surrounding his pupil and only shows when the light are directly striking it.

"Ok, ground rules. What would you like me not to do?" he asked. He looked trouble. I hope he doesn't thing that I'm a snob, a clean freak, a control freak, or a demanding girl. Because I'm not. I'm actually easy to be with. I hardly say no to people asking favors.

"I don't really have anything hard to ask of you but just minimize the mess and if ever your friends come over just make sure they don't mess with things and if it's exam time, I would really like to have some peace and quiet? If that's ok with you?" Now I'm scared. What will hie reaction be? Did I demand much? Oh gosh I'm a wrecking my nerves.

"That's all? You don't want more?" he asked. 

"Yes, why? I thought I was demanding enough by those things." I replied to him curious on why it was all I wanted.

"Because I thought you'll be asking me some things like; don't touch my things, you do the dishes because I don't want my manicured nails to be damaged. Things like girls often asks. But your's are just--just those simple."

Yes, I am a girl but I'm not that. Why would he ask me that. Does he really think of me that way? I feel hurt. My mate thought I'm a snobby spoiled girl that doesn't do chores at home.

My wolf was whining inside. She demands to ask my mate for assurance so that she knows our mate doesn't hate us. And also to tell and to show our mate that we are better that that. He'll we are not even like that. 

I do chores at home. I cook, I clean, I wash dishes and even fix broken walls. I am comfortable at handling dirt. I play with little kids in our pack during rainy days because they love to splash ponds and play in the mud getting dirty. I'm also not too possessive of my things. I share it with other people but they need to return it.

So I asked him. "Why would you say that? Do I look like a girl like that? I promise you I'm not. I don't even do manicures and stuff with your nails. I even hate nail polish. I just trim them when they are long and that's all. I also do chores at home."

"Oh. It's just because you looks so neat. So clean. You look so....so, just so." he stuttered. 

Aw. He looks so cute when he was confused. My wolf relaxed at what he answered me. He thought I was neat and clean. Not really a compliment but it will suffice for a while. "How about you? What would you want me to do and not to do here?".

He paused for a while then answered; "I don't really have anything to ask of you to do here but if you ever bring your boyfriend over just don't let him punch me because you got roomed with a guy."

"I don't have a boyfriend." I immediately replied. I don't want him to think that I was unavailable. I want him to be comfortable with me. I want him to freely talk with me, hang out with me, and a lot more. "So, it's settled then." he asked seemingly ending the conversation. I nodded

But one question bugs me. So I asked him abruptly.

"How about you? Do you have a girlfriend?"

I was blushing at that moment. I don't know what made me blush. I don't blush, at all. Meeting my mate made me feel and do things I haven't done yet and we just met.  So I looked down at my hands on my lap nervous on his answer.

My heart beats a little faster. Bump bump bump it goes.

"No. I don't have a girlfriend." he answered.

I exhaled the breath I didn't realize I was holding.

His answer just made my day even better.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YAY! Chapter 3 is done! WHOA!

AN: This chapter is the longest form this story  so far. So did you like Brant Daughtry as Blake? If not, tell me the actor that's more suitable to be Blake. I'll accept your advice.

So tell me how did you like the story so far? Is it interesting enough? Boring? Want me do add more thrilling scenes?

again, sorry for the grammar error and misspelled words.

Please feel free to comment... and don't forget to vote.. hehehe.. Thank you again for reading.