Chapter 13 : Misunderstanding

Hello!!!

I know I know. It’s such a long time since I have updated and a lot of you must be angry with me. I am terribly sorry but I had no inspiration and ideas on what to add to continue this story until now. I may have done a bad work on this one but nah, you all wanted an update so here it is! Hope you all forgive me.

Enjoy!

Heartbreak is something I have dealt with. Once, when my mother passed away. That feeling when something has ripped your guts out and never returned it lingers until you are numb enough not to feel the pain anymore. The oblivion that me and my father have lived in those couple of months after her death was excruciating. But the lucky part is, we managed to lift ourselves up and move on. We both became each other’s strength.

Seeing him kissing her made me feel those again but much, much worse. It’s not just my gut that was torn out. My heart and my soul was too. The oblivion that I have conquered was back and it became wider. I suddenly felt hollow inside.

When I’ve had enough looking at them, I slowly creep back to my bedroom to hide myself inside and never, ever come back out. A few more steps and I’ll reach my door but my clumsiness won’t let me walk back in silence. I managed to trip on a stand that’s holding a vase on top which fell down and break making a noise so loud.  Blake and the girl immediately pulled apart and both their heads snapped in my direction. I looked like a dear caught in a head light. I was in a position that looks like a burglar sneaking inside a house about to steak something. But my face looks otherwise.

The look on Blake’s face when he saw mine is painted on an emotion I cannot fathom. I am sure that my eyes are red of the tears I willed not to shed. My brows must be up, pleading and my lips must be quivering. Add my puffy face and my shaking hands to the picture.

“Ems.” Blake said while stepping forward.

I step back.

“Ems. Wait a moment, please.” He pleaded and he took another step.

I took one step back.

The girl he was with is definitely so pretty that she could be a super model without question. Her doll like face and cute little nose makes her look so innocent. Blake must like those types. She was just looking at me like she was sorry. I can’t be angry at both of them for Blake and I doesn’t really have any relationship. We only shared a kiss that wasn’t even intentional but a dare, no more, no less. Blake was just forced to kiss me. Yes, we did get along with each other and we both go out for food but that was not considered as a date, but for me at least it is. He was also there at the hospital but maybe he was just worried for me as a friend and nothing else. Maybe this girl was his girlfriend that visited him but he never told me about her nor mentioned it on one of our talks. But maybe he wants their relationship to be a secret.

I don’t know anymore. My minds a jumble of possible thoughts and conclusions for this matter.

“Emily, please let me explain this.” He insisted. He’s almost in front of me now and I have never saw, felt or heard him come closer to me. My wolf senses are becoming numb.

“Um. Sorry to disturb you two and no need for explanation Blake. I’ll just—“I pointed to my room, “—go back to my room and leave you two alone.” I said. “Bye.” Waving at them and turning around. But before I can take another step. Blake caught my arm and stopped me.

“Ems wait.” I turned my head. “This is Lacey. My ex-girlfriend.” He directed at the pretty red head.

(Picture of Lacey on the side ==========>>>>)

“Oh.” Is all I came up with.

“The kiss you saw, is our goodbye kiss.” He added. “We—“

“Blake there is no need to explain. We agreed that we could bring anyone here.” I cut him off. I took another step back but he tugged my arm again. His face is in panic mode. I know because he looks like that when he almost forgot to pass his essay to his professor once.

“Ems, listen. We had a bad break up and—“

“I was not over him until now.” The red head, Lacey spoke. “We broke up five month ago and I can’t get over him and keep bugging him. But I was over him now.” She added. “I was just here to say my goodbye and ask him for a one last kiss before I go. Sorry if you misunderstood. But Blake and I are no more.”

I was stunned. Misunderstanding is really a dangerous thing. My eyes must be big with guilt and shock. I was wrong. “My mistake then.” I said.

“Well,” she said. “Goodbye Blake. And goodbye to you too--?” she raised an eyebrow at me questioning me.

“Emily, my name’s Emily.” I answered.

“Bye Emily.” She said. After her goodbyes, she walked out the door and she was gone.

I looked at Blake awkwardly not just for the reason of my misunderstanding but on what happened the last night. I can’t seem to look at him directly on the eyes.

Our breaths can be heard within the deafening silence that surrounds us. I can feel the beat of my heart against my rib cage. When I can’t take it anymore, I turned around and ran towards my room. Closing the door with a loud bang on the process. I know I am a coward. But I still can’t fathom on the happenings from last night and this morning. I sighed heavily and walked towards my bed. I laid down with a plump, face down on the bed. I hugged my favorite pillow and screamed. I screamed my frustrations, I screamed my anger for myself, I screamed for being a coward and I screamed for my mate who is clueless in all of this.

Why can’t the moon goddess game me a normal—I mean a werewolf mate instead? This would be so much easier.

~Yay! Update...

Credits to @greysing for the AWESOME, GORGEOUS cover...thanks!

~Scyrenne XOX

O