Chapter 11 : Drunken Exam Results

This story is dedicated to @Crazy_Girl_Luvs .. You'll know why if you have read the comment section below.. hehe.. Thanks a lot girl!

Five subjects done. One more to go. 

I have been in my room for almost twelve hours straight studying for exams, again. I need to catch up the time that I missed when I spent almost two days in the hospital because of my father's worries. The pile of papers when I left was admitted was high and now, it's just a few pages left for me. Sipping my third mug of coffee, I signed and stretched my sore limbs and lay down on the bed planning to rest. As I did, the events that happened that day when my father burst into the hospital room came back like a slide show in my mind.

I was so scared. Not for me though, for Blake. My blood pumped fast like the gallops of a running hours almost to the point that I could explode any moment. My dad looked at me with worry and fury in his eyes. He seems so afraid that something so bad and permanent had happened to his only daughter. He walked calmly towards my bed but stop mid stride when he noticed Blake. As he did, the emotions in his eyes changed almost instantly to rage. 

"Who is this?!" he exclaimed, stretching his right hand and pointing in Blake's direction.

If you have ever seen the part in a horror movie where the killer corners the victim and the victim begs for his or her life with their face so scared and shell shocked. Well, copy that emotion and paste them on Blake's face. My wolf whimpered at that look and encouraged me to defend our mate and redirect my father's gaze from Blake to us so that he could somehow relax or even just sigh with relief that the man so frightening isn't looking at him like he want's to kill him.

"Dad," is said firmly. My voice was so strong laced with my alpha blood that my father instantly looked at me. "That guy you yelled at is the guy that saved your only daughter's life. He was passing by the hall in my dorm when he heard some noise in my room and called out to me." 

After I said that, dad's stance relaxed a bit. Hopefully, he was thankful for Blake. I don't want to taint Blake's first impression on him especially when the time comes that I have to introduce Blake to him again as my mate. At least he already knows him and had a good impression on him before. That was my dad won't be hysterical about the matter of me having a human as a mate.

"When I did not answer and he said that he heard a whimper of hurt inside, he burst into the door and managed to carry me to this hospital. So here I am now, safe." I added. I looked straight to my father's eyes hoping that he could not tell the lie that I'm feeding him. "We should thank him for what he did dad. Not shoot daggers at his direction. "

Dad composed himself. Straitening his posture and looked at Blake's direction, "I'm sorry young man." he was clenching his jaws when he apologized. an alpha's pride is important to them, so for my father to apologize is hard and rare to be heard. But he did so, for me."I'm Emily's father. I thank you for saving my daughter. For that, I am in debt of you. " he added. 

As silent as Blake had been when my father arrived. He managed to utter some words. But those words made my heart sank in my stomach. "Umm. Nice to meed you Mr. Shaw. I should take my leave now that Emily has someone here to accompany her." He looked at me and waved goodbye. Ne gave my father a friendly nod before he left the room.