Chapter 4

I shut my eyes, and started wondering am I stupid or not. I turned to behind after a few seconds and greeted him. "Hi. I didn't expect to see you here."

He just chuckled. "Have you ever heard before that usually males at my age would want to be in relationship badly than other ages?" He asked.

I didn't know how to answer him. "Just for your information, I'm twenty already, and I do take interest in girls, all the time." He sat down beside me and said.

"Oh. Okay." I mumbled.

He just smiled and turned to Xueyu. "Hi, I'm Zhang Yixing. Just call me Yixing, like how Jiahui did."

Xueyu's eyes were widened, looking at him. I bet that she must be fangirling inside her heart at this moment.

"Oh, hi. I...I'm Jiahui's friend, He Xueyu."

"I know, we've seen each other yesterday." Yixing smiled and replied her. Xueyu kicked me slightly under the table. I just shrugged at her.

"You aren't eating?" Yixing suddenly asked.

"Jiahui don't usually eat at this time." Xueyu said before I could even answer. I was going to say that I'm not hungry, though.

"Ahh. There's high possibility that you'll have gastric pain if you don't eat."

"I'm not hungry."

"You should eat. I'll see you next time. I'm going to meet the principal." He stood up and said.

"Bye!" Xueyu quickly waved at him and said. Yixing smiled and nodded at both of us, then went away.

"Friends? Are you sure with that?" Xueyu asked. "He looks more like a boyfriend of yours."

"Just friends." I told her, rolling my eyes.

"The way he treats you, let me think that he's your boyfriend." Xueyu winked at me and said.

"He's not." I said.

"I know." Xueyu smiled and replied me.

--

The only meaningful words that I had ever heard Hongbin said is, giving up doesn't means that you can let go. Hongbin is right.

Even though I had gave up, whenever I passed by him, I will still wish that he'll look at me. Why? I don't know. Maybe...deep down inside me, I still like him.

"Are you alright?" Crystal suddenly asked beside me.

I slightly shook my head and smiled at her. "I'm alright. It's just, I'm a bit dizzy." I replied.

Why am I being like this?

He just passed by me, leaving me the scent that I am familiar with, then I just stopped in my track.

"You should've let go of him, Jiahui." Jingxiu commented and stopped beside me.

"I know." I nodded.

If time could turn back, will I still fall for him for that time? Maybe yes. I don't even know how will it be if I never fell. I don't even know how my secondary life will be if I never fall for him.

If I am able to choose again, I will still fall. I wish that he will just be a passerby in my life now. If he's just going to be a passerby in my love life, I am still glad with that. At least...he appeared in my life, once.

We got back to our class, after we finished our lesson in the laboratory. We'll always meet his class whenever we went to the laboratory for that period.