Chapter 13

Time does flies. It's the end of our year again, which means, in a few months, we are going to graduate from high school, leaving here and go for our tertiary education.

I'm currently being drag by Xueyu to the hall, just because Yixing is coming over for a talk again.

"Be fast please, Jiahui! I want to sit at  least the first three rows." Xueyu said loudly as we went up to the hall.

"It's not like you couldn't see him after this." I slightly rolled my eyes and said. Yixing sent a message to me saying that he'll treat both Xueyu and me for lunch yesterday. I've told Xueyu about that and she's really excited for that.

"I just wish that I can see him earlier." She turned around and grinned at me.

"You can be with Jingyi after the talk, for the interview." I reminded her. Yet again, Jingyi allowed her to go to their interview.

"But I couldn't even talk to him by then."

"Like you can talk to him now, if you go up to the hall earlier."

"But at least I get to see him earlier. I'm unlike you, Jiahui-ah. You get to see him almost everyday."

"Hey, I've asked you to accompany me but you're the one who rejected it. You can't blame me for that."

"That's...well, I just don't want to ruin the moment and plus, I have my own tuitions to attend too." She shrugged as we sat down in the second row of the chairs.

I suddenly remembered that we're sitting at the same spot as last year. Well, Luhan was beside me though, for last year. Almost exactly a year ago, it's the day when I met Yixing for the second time.

"Jiahui-ah, what are you thinking of?" Xueyu waved her hands in front of me and asked. I smiled at her and shook my head. "It's nothing. I was just...recalling some old memories."

"Ahh." She nodded and replied. "Jiahui, sometimes I'm thinking...what if we aren't in the same university again for next year? Will we still be this close?"

"Well, about this...there's once, me, Jingyi and the others discussed about this. What I think of is, even if we aren't in the same university again, we will still try our best and keep contact with each other. I believe that we can too."

"Jiahui-ah, actually, I have plans to go to Shanghai for further studies, just like how my brother did."

"It's alright. You'll still come back when it's holiday and we still get to meet." I patted her shoulders and told her.

"How about you?"

"I'll just stay in Hunan. I guess this is the furthest that I can go. I don't want my fees to be a burden to my house and I don't want to be far away from them."

"Changsha?" She smiled and asked. I smiled back at her and nodded. "So, don't think too much about it, we'll still be close like now."

She leaned her head on my shoulder, while I caressed her hair slightly.

"Sometimes I'll think of how unbelievable is it that we actually knew each other's existence for six year, then only became friends in the first year of junior high." Xueyu suddenly said.

"I don't even remember how we knew each other." I told her, as I shut my eyes, trying to recall back how we actually started become closer to each other.

"Oh, both of you are up here so early." I heard a voice said. I opened my eyes and found that it's Yixing.

"Hello, Yixing! Well, Jiahui wants to see you earlier so we came up earlier!" Xueyu greeted as she removed her head from my shoulder. I widened my eyes and turned to her. "But you're the one who said that!"