| 6 | Lying to himself |

[School yard]

"Yun" A deep and familiar voice called and she knew this would happen as he approached.

"Kris.." Yiyun replied, "Kris?" He asked "That's you're name isn't it.." Yiyun asked

She'd always use yifan It hurt him they were no longer close, but he was to blame..

"I have to uh.. get to p.e or somewhere.." Yiyun stuttered "Anywhere but here" she then muttered to herself.

"P.E isn't happening yet yun i know most your classes" Yifan said then saw her face slightly cringe.

"Oh.. it's just easy to get mixed up with all the classes sometimes.." Yiyun chuckled sheepishly

"Would you feel better if i called you amber instead?" Yifan questioned suddenly.

"I'd like if you didn't call me yun.. yeah" she answered awkwardly. "Ok.." He replied and it stung him But he deserved it and would accept anything harsh from her.

The two were close for two years before they began to see each other the past seven months,

they met while in the same dance team, darkhorse as yifan would fill in for his older brother luhan.

Yifan was asked to join by zitao although he felt he was the greatest dancer an that luhan was by far better, but zitao had a way of convincing people of things.. they continued being a strong successful team along with zitao yiyun and yifan as they dated they kept professional when it came to the team.

They just clicked, with a look they'd know what the other was thinking, He was discretely playful with her and comfortable with the other and had nicknames 2yi (which disgusted zitao in practice)

But soon yifan changed an yiyun noticed how distant they were becoming, How he barely wanted to be together outside of practice an how easily disinterested irritable and cold he became. Then one day he fell out of love completely it seemed and didn't know how to tell her he wanted to go back to being friends only.. they'd fight an yiyun felt it was ending, he knew she was aware of him pushing her away.

Yifan went through stressful problems quietly and on his own and disliked expressing his feelings something he kind of had in common with yiyun's twin brother yixing,

Who he constantly bumped heads with over their history, Yiyun had to deal with them hating each other and would sometimes be caught in the middle.

Yiyun was hurt but decided what she thought was best and that was to end the relationship before he did, what they felt at the start was genuine an real she didn't understand why he changed..

"Look amber we need to talk.." Yifan stated "There's not much else to say.." Yiyun replied

"I'm not good at this either, i just feel there were still things left unsaid.. So i'm going to put my pride aside an say it and i'm not letting you go until then" Yifan spoke

"Didn't you already let me go.." Yiyun reluctantly mentioned, "Okay.. i deserved that.." Yifan solemnly agreed, "I also deserve whatever else you want to throw at me" Yifan paused then sighed

"I know we're no longer together, what i wanted to say was.. i really want us to stay friends.."

"I can't pretend what happened didn't affect not only me but us.. I need some time before we get to that again.." Yiyun admitted "That's understandable" Yifan responded. "Things aren't the same, it's best we both take time away from each other" Yiyun suggested

"I don't want time away from you.." Yifan hastily retorted then paused hearing how slightly desperate he sounded which left yiyun confused "This is exactly what i didn't want to happen and it's almost impossible we have to practice together" He added "You keep mentioning what you want.. what about what i want yifan?" she asked now letting herself look directly at him.