Wrong Way

Excuse the huge time lapse but it had to be done. I also wanted to know..How's it going? Is it good? Is it not so good? Any feedback is fine guys. Thanks for reading! Onwards!!

HERMIONES POV:

Fifth year was here now, and everyone was still grieving the death of Cedric Diggory  who was killed by Voldemort. It was a tragic event and to make matters worse no one believed Harry is telling the truth about Voldemort. Ron and I have been there for Harry since the beginning, and both of us know that Harry is telling the truth. We aren't the only ones, the twins believe him, Neville believes him, and Ginny definitely believes him.

This summer was hectic as well, with Harry and the dementors situation that happened. The hearing and the order coming back together. Honestly I'm glad everything is settled now.

I was currently unpacking all my belongings, hoping this year is much better than the last. Rose walked in and sat on her bed watching me carefully. "Can I help you?" I raised an eyebrow. "Do you think you can accompany me to Hogsmeade this weekend? We really need to hang out."

She gave me the puppy eyes, but I swear I saw real sadness in her big brown eyes."Rosy, you know I would love to, but Fred had already asked me..plus it's our ninth month anniversary. " She gave me a questioning look as she wrinkled her forehead a bit.

Wow has it been that long, wait were did you spend the summer?" I had forgotten that I haven't told her about sirius and everything that happened at Grimmauld place. See ever since the break, Rose and I kind of drifted apart. Yes we still talked but I've been too busy with Fred and exams that I had completely forgotten about her. 

"Oh..just at home" I muttered under my breath. I mean im not lying I spent a few weeks at the Blancour household and then the rest at Grimmauld place. I had to lie and practically sneak out. I now call Sirius dad, and i peomised id write to him as much as possible. Lucky for us Hogwarts doesn't search through students private conversations.  "Hermione, what happened to us?" Rose whispered looking down at her hands.

"Rose..I don't know. I've been too busy I guess.." She looked up with tears in her eyes. "Too busy?" The hurt in her voice made me feel guilty. "Too busy?!" She asked again a bit more Louder than before.

"Hermione. It's no secret that we are barely even friends any more. You are always 'too busy' for anything except Fred! You barely even talk to me! You don't tell me anything anymore! Every time I try to talk to you, you're with Fred! My god Hermione, you didn't even talk to me at all during the summer you promised you'd visit but you didn't. I feel like I don't even know you anymore."

She was crying and yelling at this point and I feel really guilty. "But you know what? Yeah, it's alright. You go to your pure blood friends and boyfriend. Because who would want to be friends with a mud-blood like me!!." She stored out of the room while I stood there in shock. I was shocked at her choice of words I've never heard Rose use that word. That word always seemed to make her feel sad and- I'm such a horrible friend.

I stormed out of the room and down the stairs maybe I can catch up to her but instead I bumped into George. "Woah there Granger. What's got you all grumpy today?" He teased while patting my head.

"Excuse me George I am not in the mood and I have to get somewhere."
I moved to the right trying to get past him but he blocked my way. He was still grinning that smile of his.

And again George Fabian Weasley was trying to get under my skin like always. I moved to the left and he blocked me.
"Okay. What do you want?!" I asked him irritated by this little game. "What's wrong?" He asked now with a bit of seriousness in his voice.