Dreams

"You're still up?" Hermione looked up from her book as her ginger boyfriend sat next to her putting an arm around her shoulders. "Yeah, I can't sleep and well I thought I would just catch up on my reading." She looked back down at her book, Fred not wanting to disturb her just watched her instead.

He would do that often, he'd like to watch her facial expressions as she read. After a couple of minutes he decided to break the peace by throwing himself onto her legs. "Pay attention to meee please. You can read any other day but you won't have me all the time." He sent her a wink but she just laughed.

"Fred, you should study as well, don't you have N.E.W.Ts coming up? Come on grab a book and read," Hermione knew that even her implying he should read was a joke, but believe it or not Fred would actually read sometimes. She once walked in on the twins studying and jotting down notes, she pretended she never saw anything.

"Okay, fine what do you want?" Hermione slammed her book close and playfully rolled her eyes. "Hmmm I want a lot of things Granger, most of them are probably illegal, but what I want right now is for you to tell me how you're feeling." Fred was laying next to her, and she was shocked, it's the first time in weeks that they get to be alone and just talk.

"You want to know...about my day?" He nodded his head not really looking up, "Of course! Why wouldn't I? You've been busy and I've been busy, I worry sometimes Mione..I worry a lot you never know what could happen. One day we're here, next day who knows."

It took all of Hermiones strength not to cry right there and then. It has been a few days and she did miss Fred, but she has also been busy with homework and the whole DA meetings, and even then she would see Fred but they would barely speak. "Oh Fred...you're right I guess we kind of suck at this relationship thing. I know you try, I try as well, just be careful yeah? I am scared."

This made Fred sit up and look into Hermiones brown eyes, "Are you okay? What are you scared of? Is something bothering you?" He held her face close to his. "Fred what if they come, you know who and his followers. They will come for Harry, and his friends. I don't want them to hurt you or George, or Ginny, or your family in general." She was sort of crying now.

"Hey, no, no. No one will hurt me or George and definitely not Ginny. I don't care what happens as long as I know you are safe that's enough for me to be able to do a lot. You don't have to worry, in fact I worry too, because you are always doing something dangerous with Harry and little Ronnikins." Hermione laughed a bit wiping tears from her face.

"Y-yeah it's just- I wish we could just have a peaceful year with no trouble, no worries." Fred nodded understanding her, he placed a kiss on her forehead and hugged her tightly. "I know Hermione, I wish that were possible, but for now we have to live in the present and enjoy each other while we can." Hermione agreed with him while they decided to sit silently and enjoy each others company.

"Fred would you- what if something happens to us, we'll you know Ron and Harry as well. What if we were taken?" The question took Fred by surprise, but quickly broke a smile. "Well, then I will look for you, even if I have to kill the dark lord myself. To hell I will find you. I promise."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hermione woke up as she felt a sudden jolt run through her body, she looked around and realized she was still in that dirty place. It was cold and the floor was hard, she was also hungry. But her hunger and her fears soon went away as sadness and anger filed in. She sobbed into her knees remembering Fred's promise...but now, he has someone else and she can't do anything about it.

"You promised...you lied to me." She cried harder into her knees. As she looked down she noticed her ring, she had completely forgotten about it. She twirled it around her finger a couple of times before taking it off. The ring started shining a bit, and the word "Fred" started glowing red. "You promised...and you lied to me Frederick."