Books and Pearls maketh Women.

"This... This is the most beautiful thing I-I have ever seen! Thank you... Thank you so much, sir Hugo!"

The world could not describe the wonders and beauty that my eyes perceived. The yellow lights lit up one by one, first the nearest and then the ones in the back. With every light that went on a new aspect was displayed. The ladders which stood against some shelves were longer than the ones I knew. And because they were to long they reached out to some kind of second layer, where, like on the ground, a few lazy-chairs with coffee tables stood nearby. These colours weren't found in the house, there were brown, blue and purple colours with a hint of pink and sometimes green.
I think I must describe the room some what better. Although we stood on ground level, the giant room reached deeper, higher and lower than the other rooms I had seen in this mansion. I think a part from the basement was also a part of this phenomenon. If you looked up, you could see the staircase steps in the sealing, not only the one that goes from the first floor to the second, but also the one from the second to the third floor.
And everywhere you looked you could see books, the walls were practically bookshelves. Here and there were, what looked like floating, plateaus at the end of every ladder or twirling staircase on different levels. I could see the end from a distance with even more books to read and adventures to imagine.
"The back of the room shares the same wall as the back of the mansion, it reaches to the basement and the attic."
We were still standing on the circular wooden staircase. I felt Hugo moving to go down, since the stairs only could down, unless you would want to reach the inside of the first steps of the stairs to the second floor. With out thinking I followed him. And it was quite a journey, it was approximately a 8 meter journey until we reached the floor of the basement.

Well, I do not know if we are standing on the same level as the basement. I am not sure of any room now, but could this be...

I saw Hugo's head turn to the left as if he was trying to hear the words that I wasn't saying, so I stopped thinking and began to analyse the room some more. With every turn this staircase took I saw everything different aspect of this wonder.
"On the left side we have languages, on the right education, in the back we have journals and of course..." Hugo continued while stepping of the stairs with his arms wide and twirling around to face me. "We have a restricted section. That means..."
"No touching, no sniffing, not even looking at those books." I said without a damn to give. I was too enchanted by the golden chandeliers and wall and ceiling pantings above me.
"Yes... But do you smell books?" Hugo asked. I looked at him and shrugged with a big goofy smile. "Don't we all?"
I saw him forcing not to smile to and giggled.

You have a sense of humour, sir Hugo?

He immediately looked away and started walking to the back of the room. My legs followed him, but my head looked in other directions. Every book had its own colour, not one of them was the same. It was truly a work of art. I felt my cheek bump up against something hard. It was Hugo's back and I immediately wanted to be dead.
"Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it, miss Gwyneth..." He said a little bit to amused. I let my hand go through my hair, trying to find something to say to make this less uncomfortable as it was.
"So... Where are those untouchable books of yours?"
He slammed his left hand on the long table which stood in the back. I squeezed my eyes a bit.

Is he serious? The books are the table? What kind of sorce...

"I will not show you how to get them, but I will show you the place. It is up to you to maintain that curiosity of yours. This table will be used to put books or teacups to read, but nothing more..."
He looked around to see his pearl.
"You can move, brake and ruin the others all you want." He plainly added, as if it was normal for me to do. I stared at him with a open moth and an offended look on my face with my arms crossed.