I can't Have that.

#please read the AUTHOR NOTE at the end!#

"Hello miss Gwyneth." She greeted me.
I closed the door behind me, but my eyes looked at her.

How was this possible? She was gone just a few hours ago... How?

"S-Selma? How... How? I mean, I saw you and I mean what happened?" I asked her trembling, not knowing what to feel: happiness or fear.
I am glad she is alright, but is this even real?
"Your clothes are ready for you to wear, my lady." Selma said with the same smile, the same posture and tone in her voice.
She was avoiding my question, but why? I slowly walked to the bed which she stood next to.
"How are you, Selma? What do you feel?" I asked her.
"I recommend the red dress, it is young masters's favourite." She said.

Again, avoiding. But what if I....

I slowly walked to the other side of the bed, but she didn't follow me with her eyes, like she normally did.
"Selma, what kind of colour am I wearing?"
"Shall I make a bath for you?" Selma asked me.

I guess I need that...

"Yes, I would love one. But I can make one myself, thank you." I replied.
But Selma went to the bathroom by herself, looking straight in front of her, to no where actually. I stood in the door opening watching her filling the bath, picking a soap and getting towels ready.
"Sir Hugo loves lavender, so I think it is best if you use this soap, miss." Selma added, while doing her work.

Why must everything be at the taste of Hugo? The dress and how I smell?

"Why must I please sir Hugo?" I inquired.
Selma stopped her tracks and didn't let the soap fall in the bathtub, which she held in her hand.
"Why must we not, miss? He makes sure we are fine." She remarked.
Selma went back to her work and asked if I would like to undress myself or if I needed help. I rejected her request kindly and asked her to leave, but Selma refused. My eyebrows knitted together. I started to walk towards Selma to the point it would be uncomfortable for her and stared at her eyes.
"Humans and ghost don't like being infiltrated in their personal space, master Hugo, so why don't you release Selma from her torture and let her be herself again?" I requested.
Why did I knew that Hugo was controlling Selma? Because Selma's eyes have a tint of brown in them, vaguely but it is there, but now her eyes were completely grey. Moreover she hadn't blinked in approximately two minutes and her Spanish accent was gone. I have to admit it was a wild guess, but it seemed that I was right.
"I see you at diner, miss Gwyneth, prepare please. We don't want you to leave this house with no good memories." I heard Selma say without a smile.
And like that she vanished. My fingers reached out to the smoke in which she dissolved.

Selma, I hope the real you is fine.

I stepped into the bath and hugged my knees while thinking of Selma. I was worried about her and her wellbeing. Selma did a lot for me, making my bed and give me food and sometimes a smile, she knew that I could do all of those things, but she did it anyway. I feel like I didn't show my appreciation for her effort as much as needed, but I will when I see her again.
When I had dried the water off of my body, I saw that Selma or Hugo had hung the red dress in the opening of the door through the mirror.

Everything for master Hugo...

I got dressed and brushed my hair. The dress wasn't to revealing, but it was quite fitting which made it sexy in a way. I didn't recognise myself anymore, which was scary and in a way exciting. Not that I liked dressing up for a man, but that change can be good, but staying yourself is the best.
The main dining room wasn't made and I saw the dining table, not made. I expected to see Roderick, Gertrude or Geraldine with a plate with the decorations for today's diner, but they weren't even in the room. The table had no candles or flowers on it, just a chessboard. All of the sudden I heard two claps and the lights in the room went on. Hugo was the one clapping, he sat in his chair with a glass, probably filled with alcohol.
"Good evening, sir Hugo." I greeted him.