Chapter 2 ~ A Familiar Face

Kyle was the first one to wake up the next morning. It was Saturday so it usually meant it was his day off. Usually, he would have woken up at nine or ten in the morning and taken all of his time to enjoy his day but his alarm clock rang at six this Saturday.

Indeed, his day off had been canceled by his boss because the latter was going on holidays with his family so he had commanded Kyle to replace him. Obviously, Kyle wished to 'gently' tell him to sod off but refrained himself from doing so and kept his mouth shut instead. It slightly unnerved him to hear the alarm clock ring to remind him that he was supposed to be at the pub at seven and a half.

However, he calmed down when he noticed that Emily was still sound asleep, snuggling into Kyle's muscled chest. He wrapped his arms around her body and drew her even closer to him. Closing his eyes, he breathed in her delicate scent of raspberry.

She shifted slightly and let out a hum of contentment. "Shouldn't you be up?" she mumbled lowly.

Kyle groaned. "I don't want to go."

"You're such a child."

"I know," he sighed, "But I don't want to leave you... It's supposed to be our day but this dumbass had to take it away."

Emily sighed as she buried her head even more into her boyfriend's chest. "You should be back home at seven tonight, right?"

"Normally, yeah."

"So we'll have the whole evening for ourselves then."

"Yep. Hoping I don't fall asleep thanks to my amazing two hour long night."

"Get up, you lazybutt," Emily teased him as she pecked his lips and poked his sides. Kyle shook his head with amusement and laid a kiss on her forehead before he slowly got up from the bed. As soon as he stood up, he saw Nala jumping on the bed only to lie down just next to Emily.

"I see that I get replaced pretty easily," he said as he raised an eyebrow but a little smile was spreading on his lips. Nala stared at him and wagged her tail playfully. Emily chuckled and sent him a virtual kiss before Kyle left the bedroom to get ready for work.

***

As always, The McClain was packed and it seemed to be even more than usual that particular day. Its employees were running everywhere in the building and they had to refuse the entry to many people.

Kyle was replacing his boss so he had to take care of all the drinks orderings at the counter. He had quickly lost counts of how many cocktails, glasses of whiskey, beers and other beverages he had prepared.

Fortunately for him, the orders slowly calmed down after 2pm so he started to observe all the people who were in the pub. There was many couples and families of tourists. Some were laughing together while others were silently observing their surroundings. He also spotted a big group of friends who were discussing about college in a corner of the drinking area. However, as he silently observed the people who were sitting at the counter, a spotted a strange man sat at the end of it.

A red hoodie was hiding his face but Kyle could clearly see the sharp features of his chin. This man somehow looked familiar to the young man... He was clearly tall and muscled. Ever so silently, he took a sip out of his bottle of beer and was looking at Kyle from the corner of his blue  eyes, an apparent smile on his lips.

Unfortunately for Kyle, the young man was called by one of his coworker to prepare some cocktails again and didn't get the chance to approach the mysterious man. When he was done with the drinks, the hooded man had disappeared from the pub...