Prologue

New York City, one year after the end of Gotham's gangs war.

Harlem. One of the most dangerous part of New York, no matter what time of the day you find yourself walking through it. Drug trafficking, theft, alcoholism, precarity, prostitution and even murders. In better words, the perfect place for crimes. Especially in the Eastern side of the borough. Criminal activities were more than omnipresent so if someone wanted to hide something from the police for example, Harlem was the perfect spot.

One night, a group of armed men penetrated noiselessly inside an old and decrepit abandoned apartment block. They had received information concerning a new dangerous drug coming from Gotham that had been hidden in Harlem by one of its creators. Well, not all the drug was there though. There was only a very small part of the stock that was remaining thanks to Gotham and Blüdhaven's police forces. Both had collaborated to stop the traffic. A rumor was even saying that they had worked alongside a group of vigilantes as well...

But no one was aware that there was still some of the drug in Harlem.

"Look everywhere!" a tall man barked as he held his gun in front of him while he sneaked inside one of the apartment, afraid that someone could have had the same idea as the group.

The men split into small groups within the apartment as soon as they were told by their leader to do so. The rotting wooden floor creaked loudly under their weight. Some wondered how the floor hadn't broken under their weight. 

A man tried to turn on the lights, but the power had been cut in this place for at least the past ten years. The whole block of flats had been abandoned a dozen years ago. Its inhabitants hadn't been able to pay their rent (most of them). However, the group of men quickly noticed that some people had been living here clandestinely anyway, finding food wrappings and bottles scattered on the dirty floor. 

The men rummaged through the whole place. They carefully removed some parts of the floor, made holes in the old walls, tried to look for a hatch in the ceiling. After two hours of intense searching, they had found no trace of the drug.

The group's leader once again barked at his men to keep on searching and that none of them would get out of the building without the drug. A sample, that's all they needed.

So they all did as they were told. Until one of them slightly moved a very old bed. Behind it was an old hatch covered by spider webs. The man called for help to lift the bed away, the weight of the old thing to heavy for him to carry. Another man reached for the hatch. Strongly, he pulled it open and noticed behind a small pile of old boxes a tiny bag which used to be white but had turned slightly yellow because of the humidity in the apartment.

The man carefully opened the bag and saw a very light purple powder in it. "Boss! I think I found it!"