Chapter 11 ~ An Evening Together

This chapter is for Deadpool_Red because you know why twinie

______

Dick had had a very long day at work, though it had also been extremely rewarding. Indeed, he had finally been able to close a file he had been working on tirelessly for a long time. He had managed, thanks to both his work as a police officer during the day and his numerous investigations during the night as Nightwing to prove that a famous judge in Blüdhaven was being corrupted by the whole criminal world. The man was paid by the mob to get him to reduce their sentences during their trials and then send them to less highly-secured prisons so that they'd be able to escape easily.

However, Dick had managed to gather enough proof and testimonies to prove his culpability. To celebrate this, what Dick wanted to do was to actually get a good and long night of sleep. However, he had promised Jason he would spend the evening with him. Not as Nightwing and Red Hood patrolling the streets, no. Just as Dick and Jason. They wanted to make the most of Tim and Damian's absence to have some quality time together.

Dick was happy about it. It had been a while since they had taken some time to be together. They were usually too busy and when they finally managed to set a date to see each other, one of them ended up cancelling at the last moment because a villain wanted to take over the world again.

That day, Jason was supposed to meet Dick at his apartment in Blüdhaven at 8pm but the other man knew his little brother would be late. He always was and everyone in the family got used to it. So, while he waited for him, Dick took a long hot shower, his stiff muscles progressively being relieved from all the tension which Dick had accumulated over the weeks thanks to the hot water. Once fully relaxed, he forced himself to get out of the shower, grabbed some casual clothes from his wardrobe and flopped on his couch. He turned on the TV and watched some silly comedy show.

His eyes were growing heavy when someone knocked at his door. The acrobat rubbed the sleepiness away from his eyes and slowly got up to open it. Jason was standing behind it, a broad smile on his lips. He was wearing a plain dark t-shirt with a dark wash jean and a pair of white and red Converse as well as a brown leather jacket which looked suspiciously similar to his Red Hood one. "You look like a zombie man, do you ever sleep?" he mocked his brother.

Dick rolled his eyes and let out an amused sigh. "Give me just a second to get my jacket."

"Sure," Jason laughed. He followed Dick inside his apartment. His brother had a nice place if he were to admit it. Located downtown and not so far from Blüdhaven's police station, the building was ideally located for him to be able to not only be close to his workplace but also to operate quite efficiently as Nightwing through the whole city.

The apartment was rather modern looking and still smelt like fresh paint. Dick had spent a lot of time refurbishing what once was a ramshackle apartment into a really cosy and comfy looking duplex loft. However, the place still looked a bit messy. Dick wasn't the most tidy in the family. There were a lot of dirty dishes in his kitchen sink waiting to be cleaned. His bin was bursting with take-away food boxes and some clothes were scattered all around the living room area.

Jason raised an eyebrow when he saw all this mess. He decided to open one of Dick's cupboards out of curiosity. It was empty except for an old bean can. The man shook his head and opened another cupboard. It was full of cereal boxes. "How can you be so fit with all the crap you eat man?"

Dick laughed from where he was standing on the duplex bedroom, searching for a jacket. "Exercising. That's my secret."

"Yeah, right... But a diet based on cereals and take-away isn't what one would call healthy, y'know?"