Prologue

PROLOGUE

Emma Watson as Alexandra Morrison

ALEXANDRA STOOD BY a tree, holding a rose tightly in her hands. She wanted to get away from everyone, people she barely knew. It was the day of her sister's funeral and the girl had stepped away.

Her sister had died in a car crash, coming home from The Grill. Alex knew she was probably drunk, which was probably the reason why she got into the car crash.

"Al?" A familiar questioned and she immediately knew it was Matt. Alexandra looked up to see the blond boy in a suit walking towards her. "Are you okay? Wait! Don't answer that, it was a stupid question."

"I don't know what I'm feeling Matt. People keep coming up to me and saying 'I'm sorry for your loss' but they're not. Most adults in this town knew my sister couldn't keep a job for a week and thought she was insane. They don't care, Matt. They're just pitying me and I don't want their pity, nor do I need it!" Alex exclaimed, pacing back and forth and she flailed her arms around.

"Al, come on. Let's head back."

"I mean why are they even here when they don't care? It makes no sense! You know why I'm here? Because she's my sister!" The brunette yelled, her voice cracking slightly. Matt stepped forward, knowing she was now letting everything out, something the girl wasn't good at. "She may not have been the best sister but she was still my sister and she didn't deserve this. I don't deserve this, she left me alone. I can't do this! I can't-"

Matt immediately engulfed his best friend in a hug as soon as he saw the tears in her eyes. Alexandra clung tightly on to the blond boy as she cried. Matt knew better than to tell her that it would be okay, when in fact he knew that it wouldn't be. Losing a family member, whether it was to death or fear was never okay.

"I know you can get through this, you're not alone. You never will be." Matt mumbled into Alex's hair as she began to calm down.

The two teenagers walked back into the grave yard, Alex hugging herself tightly, no emotion in her eyes. Matt glanced at her often, making sure she was okay, afraid that she would break.

Alex looked up to Elena Gilbert and Stefan Salvatore walk towards her with small smiles on their faces. Alex forced a smile on her face as she dropped her arms to the side.

Elena pulled the girl into a tight hug, Alex had to force back tears as she hugged her back. "How you doing?" The girl questioned.

"I'm in hell but I'm doing okay." Alex smiled, pulling away from the girl. Elena nodded softly at her, understanding how she felt since she had been through what she was going through.

Stefan then embraced the girl in a small hug before giving her a sympathetic smile. He could never imagine what it would feel like if he lost Damon, sure the two bickered almost all the time but he still loved him.

Alex excused herself from all her friends and walked towards her sister's grave slowly. The girl crouched down in front of it and took a deep breath in.

"Hey, Ade. Your ex boyfriend showed up, you always told me that he was a nice guy but I never believed you. I thought he was a pig for breaking up with you. But you were right," Alex said, letting out a bitter laugh. "You're always right. Just like you're right about how my legs do look good in this dress," The girl laughed but was immediately replaced with a frown. "And how bad I am at funerals. I miss you, Ade, so much." The girl put the rose down gently in front of the grave before standing up. She wiped away the tears in her eyes before turning around.

Stefan looked down at the floor, his heart shattering at what she just said to his sister. Elena noticed this and sent Alex a smile. Alex merely nodded at her before walking away from her friends and her sister.

✿✿✿

Alex sat in her old house, leaned against the wall with her knees up to her chest and her arms slung lazily around them. She looked around the empty living room and sighed, everything was gone.

After Alex was forced to move out of her house, she had moved in Matt's house and of course got a job along side him at The Grill. With everything going on, Alex had completely forgotten that school existed.

Her old house was sold to a lovely family who was moving into town. Of course Alex was upset about moving out but she needed to get away from all the memories.

The front door of the house opened and Alex immediately shot up, her eyes widening. She wasn't supposed to be here. The girl ran across to the kitchen and hid behind the wall, quietly. The girl took a quick peek to see Sheriff Forbes and Mayor Lockwood.

Alex furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, why on earth would the sheriff and the mayor be in my old house? The girl asked herself, narrowing her eyes at the two.

"Liz, what are we doing here?" Mayor Lockwood questioned.

"Checking to see if the Morrisons had any weapons hidden, Carol." Sheriff Forbes replied.

"Why would they have any weapons? As far as we knew they didn't know about any of this."

Alex cocked her head to side at Carol Lockwood's comment. Any of what?

"They might have known something. Otherwise, they wouldn't have gone after her. And don't you feel the least bit guilty that we had to lie to Alexandra about the actual cause of her sister's death?" Sheriff Forbes exclaimed and Alex's eyes widened.

"Yes, of course I feel guilty, Liz! But we can't bring her into this world. Too many kids are at risk, she's lucky she's not apart of it." Carol inquired.

"But she deserves to know that her sister was murdered,"

Alex had to throw her hand over her mouth, to hold back the sobs that were about to escape her lips. She squeezed her eyes shut, trying to keep her breathing under control.

"She deserves to know Ade was killed by a vampire."

✿✿✿

A/N: AHHHHH I'm so excited to start this. I love Kol Mikaelson so much! It's actually unbelievable! Don't forget to vote and comment! By the way this is a mixture between The Vampire Diaries and AU!