8

CHAPTER EIGHT
Trust

ALEX SAT ON a hospital bed, biting her lip as she waited for the nurse to stitch up her arm. Kol stood in front of her, his arms folded and his eyebrows narrowed at the girl.

"Oh, stop pouting, Kol. You didn't find whoever was trying to shoot you, get over it." Alex scoffed.

"You made me drive here. I could have found whoever it was and killed them." Kol hissed.

"Sure, Kol, sure." The girl laughed sarcastically.

"If you had just drank my blood, I probably would have killed whoever shot me by now and you would have been healed."

Alex tilted her head, raised her eyebrows and held her index finger up. "First of all, I was the one who got shot and second of all, I am never drinking your blood."

"You made me drive to a hospital!"

"And you didn't have to do it." Alex smirked. Kol opened his mouth to say something but luckily for him the nurse walked in with a warm smile. The original sighed in relief as Alex raised an eyebrow at him.

"Hello, sorry for the wait. How are you feeling?" The blonde nurse smiled.

"I'm okay." Alex replied shortly with a strained smile.

"Sure you are." Kol mumbled, causing Alex to glare at him. The vampire smiled sarcastically at her in response and she rolled her eyes.

"This won't take long and I can't guarantee that it won't hurt. Just try to stay still." The nurse said softly and Alex nodded, her lips pressed into a thin line.

As the blonde middle aged woman began to start stitching up Alex's cut, Kol stepped forward, eyeing the needle carefully. Alex winced and cringed every now and then but she didn't squirm. The vampire furrowed his eyebrows and folded his arms over his chest.

Alex noticed the vampire's expression and raised her eyebrows. "Something on your mind, Kol?"

"No and even if there were, it would be no concern of yours." Kol deadpanned.

"Aw, are you sure there's not anything you wanna get out? Something you wanna say?" The brunette fake pouted.

"No."

Alex let out a small laugh as Kol began to get annoyed with her. "Thought so."

"All done. Try not to get anything that could cause infection in that cut." The nurse smiled as she stood up.

"About time." The vampire muttered, earning another dirty look from Alex.

"Thank you," Alex smiled as the nurse left the two alone. The brunette then turned to the vampire with her eyes narrowed. "You really need to work on your people skills."

"What can I say? I'm a little out of practice."

"That, my not-so-friend, is the under statement of the century."

"You know for one human, you can be really annoying."

"It's why you won't leave me alone," Alex smiled sarcastically, patting him on the arm before walking towards the door. The girl was about to walk out but stopped in the doorway, looking over her shoulder. "You know for someone who really wants to leave, you can be really slow." She winked.