4

CHAPTER FOUR
Dead or Alive

AFTER FINDING OUT Kol hurt Matt, Alex immediately wanted to slap herself for being relieved that Kol was okay.

Alex laid in bed the next morning, staring up at the ceiling. After last night's ball, the brunette girl didn't want to leave her bed. She turned her head to the side and stretched out her arm to her nightstand, grabbing her phone.

No messages. No calls. The girl huffed before chucking her phone to the side and getting out of bed. Alex sighed as she walked towards her closet and grabbing some clothes.

As soon as the girl finished changing into a plain white t-shirt and jeans, she jogged down to the kitchen. Alex marched to the fridge and pulled out a couple of eggs and a pack of bacon. She marched over to the stove and began to cook brunch.

Footsteps padded down the hallways and Alex knew it was Matt. The blond boy rubbed his eyes groggily as he yawned. "I thought I smelled bacon." He said, plopping down on a chair.

"You thought right," Alex smiled. "How's your hand?"

"It hurts but other than that, it's fine." Matt smiled.

The two spent a few hours just relaxing and watching movies like they used to do as kids but this time without Elena. If anyone that didn't know who they were saw them, they would immediately jump to the conclusion that they were dating. They both knew that the only thing between them was a great friendship, one that would never be ruined.

Alex ran up to her room quickly to grab her phone, she picked it up from her bed and looked at screen, her eyes widening. Three missed calls from Stefan, two missed calls from Caroline and five missed calls from Damon. The girl glanced at the times they had called her and sighed in relief as they had all called her in the last 10 minutes.

The girl clicked on to Damon's contact number and clicked on his name, considering he was the one who had called her the most. A couple of rings later, Damon answered.

"Why weren't you answering?" The vampire hissed into the phone.

"Don't get all pissy with me, I left it in my room. What do you guys want? I have ten missed calls." Alex deadpanned.

"We need you to go to The Grill." Damon announced.

"Why?"

"Elijah's keeping Elena hostage with Rebekah as her warden and we have a plan to stop him but we're gonna need your help."

Alex sighed into the phone and ran her hand through her hair, "What do you need me to do?"

✿✿✿

Caroline walked into The Grill, sending Alaric a knowing look as he nodded at her and the blonde vampire walked towards Klaus and Kol. Alex peeked through the window, seeing Caroline opposite the two originals. The brunette sighed, knowing it was her turn to walk in.

Alex marched into The Grill, her head high as she glanced at Alaric who sent her an encouraging smile. Caroline heard Alex walk in as she turned around and grinned at the girl. "Alex! Hey!" The blonde yelled, capturing the brunette's attention.

Kol smiled as soon as he saw the human he had become so intrigued by, walk in, causing Klaus to smirk at his little brother. Alex jogged slowly next to Caroline and smiled at her. "Hey, Caroline," The brunette glanced at the brothers before rolling her eyes. "Well, if it isn't dumb and dumber."