5

CHAPTER FIVE
Phone Calls and Arrests

          ALEX LAY IN bed throwing her soccer ball up in the air. Everyone, including Matt, had something to do today, while Alex stayed at home completely bored out of her mind.

After Alaric got thrown in jail due to his sexy doctor friend, Matt had left to go help Elena prove that Meredith Fell was a liar and insane. While the two Salvatore brothers reminisced about the year 1912. Caroline and Bonnie were helping Abby, Bonnie's mum, with her vampire transition.

Alex groaned before sitting up on her bed and throwing her ball to the side. She placed her hands on her face and threw her head back. The girl glanced at her phone on her nightstand and took a breath in. No one called her or texted her to inform her of anything going on.

The girl was interrupted by her thoughts when her phone began to ring. Alex immediately leaped on to her bed and reached her arm out, grabbing the phone. She pressed the answer button and put the phone up to her ear; "Hello?" Alex smiled.

"Hey, Alex." The person said and Alex sighed.

"Well, if it isn't my least favourite vampire in the world." The girl said sarcastically.

"Nice to hear from you too."

"What'd you want Damon? The last time we spoke, you had me distract someone so you could kill them and their family."

"Whoa, whoa Alex. I was just calling to see if you were okay." The vampire replied.

"I'm fine, Damon. How's it going with Stefan? Taught him any control yet?"

"Nope, not yet but it's getting there."

"Good luck," Alex scoffed. "Don't get me wrong, Stefan's my friend. But he's been a vampire for over a century and he's never learned how to control himself. What makes you think he'll learn now?"

"Because he has Elena now. He never did." Damon answered.

"Ah yes, the power of love and what it can influence a person to do, blah blah blah and all that crap. I've seen this shit on twilight, I don't need a front row seat to the live screening, Damon." Alex deadpanned.

"Oh, I see hostile Alex has taken over."

"Shut up."

"It was nice talking to you too, Alex. I'll call you soon."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah oh and by the way, I'm on team Jacob." The girl smirked, raising her eyebrows.

"Alex, I swear-"

The girl had cut the vampire off as she pressed the red button, laughing at her own humor. "I'm so funny," Alex laughed as she lay back down on her bed.

Her phone rang again and Alex groaned, thinking it was Damon. She pressed the green button and sighed, "Go away, Da-"

"Well, that's not very nice to say to someone who's checking up on you." A familiar smug voice smiled.

"How'd you get my number, Kol?" Alex questioned, narrowing her eyes as she sat up.

"I have my ways." Kol smirked.

"That's not creepy at all," Alex mumbled sarcastically. "Why'd you call?"

"Like I said; I'm checking up on you."

"Or you're trying to use your charm to get me to tell you what the group of supernatural beings, I call friends, are up to." The brunette girl countered.