3

CHAPTER THREE
Dancing with the Devil

          THE NEXT DAY Alexandra was working at The Grill along side Matt. The girl glanced up from the table she was cleaning to see two of her friends being seated. Alex grinned at them before getting back to work, throwing a wash towel over her shoulder.

"You missed a spot." Matt smirked, throwing a pea on to the table Alex just cleaned.

Alex gave him a dirty look before picking the pea up and flicking it right in his eye. "Not anymore." The girl laughed as Matt rubbed his eye.

The two picked up all the dirty plates and began to walk towards the kitchen but were then stopped by Rebekah. "Hey, guys." The blonde original grinned.

"Hey, Rebekah. What's up?" Matt smiled softly at the girl which caused Alex to roll her eyes.

"I just wanted to give you two these." Rebekah replied as she pulled out two envelopes, holding out one each to the duo.

"What are they?" Alex asked, suspiciously.

"Invitations, my family is throwing a ball." The original beamed.

"Oh, fun." The brunette said sarcastically as she took the envelope from Rebekah's hand, muttering a small thank you before walking to the kitchen, leaving the two alone.

Just before Alex walked into the kitchen, she could feel both Caroline and Elena's eyes on her. The brunette didn't bother to turn around as she continued to walk to the kitchen and opened the door.

Alex set the dirty plates down on the metal table before jumping up and sitting next to them. The girl glanced back, making sure no one could see.

The brunette cocked her head to the side once she saw her name written in calligraphy. Alex shook her head at the writing before turning the envelope over and opening it.

Please join the Mikaelson Family this evening at seven o'clock for dancing, cocktails and celebration.

Alex narrowed her eyes before shrugging and turning it over, checking to see if anything was written on the back. The girl parted her mouth slightly to see a hand written message;

I guess I found out that last name after all, darling.

Kol.

"Stalker," Alex said, rolling her eyes. "He's a psychotic maniac." She kept mumbling as she jumped off the table, set the invitation down and began to wash the dishes.

"So, you going to this dance?" A familiar voice asked and Alex turned around to see Matt with an eyebrow raised.

"Me? In a dress? You're funny, Matt, really." Alex laughed.

"Come on, it'll be fun. I'm not going without you. Rebekah somehow managed to get me as her date." Matt said, his face filled with mixed emotions.

"Good luck with that. I'll be praying for you." The girl said, flashing Matt a smug smile.

"Please, please, please." The blond begged, giving Alex the puppy dog eyes.

"Fine," Alex huffed and Matt pumped his fist in the air. "But I have nothing to wear."

✿✿✿