9

CHAPTER NINE
Captured

ALEX SIGHED AND turned around to face Kol who had his arms crossed over his chest and a smirk tugged on his lips.

"Did you actually think you could leave without me knowing?" The vampire questioned, quirking an eyebrow.

"No, but it was worth a shot," Alex shrugged. "But, now that you're up, bye." The girl smiled and turned to face the door but was instead faced with Kol.

"Leaving so soon?"

"Yes, that's why I'm trying to get away from you. God, can you not take a hint? I need to get back to Mystic Falls. Thanks for letting me stay but, your services are no longer required." Alex smiled sarcastically, before pushing past him.

"But, we were having so much fun." Kol pouted.

"You and I have very different definitions of fun." The girl retorted.

Alex's phone began to ring again, causing the girl to sigh. She brought her phone out of her pocket and glanced at the screen to see a certain blonde's name pop up. The girl huffed before pressing answer and brought the phone to her ear.

"Care, I told Damon I'd be home soon, okay? Don't worry."

"You better be. I swear to god, Alex, if you're not here for the dance, I'll kill you."

Alex's eyes widened, she had completely forgotten about the dance. "I'll do my best, Care." The girl mumbled, glaring at Kol who had a giant grin spread across his face as he waved at the girl.

"Okay, I'll see you soon, Al." The blonde said gently before hanging up.

"As I was saying before, bye." Alex grumbled before once again pushing past Kol.

"Okay, you can leave. But, how exactly may I ask, are you going to get there?" The vampire questioned, raising an eyebrow at Alex.

"Submarine." She replied. "What do you think? Car. Are you an idiot?"

"Watch what you say, darling." Kol advised taking a step towards the girl.

Alex scoffed and followed his actions, staring him right in the eyes. She had had enough of his banter. "If you wanted to hurt me, you would have done it already."

"Oh, I still can."

"Have a nice life, Kol."

Before Kol could even wrap his head around what had happened, he found himself moving away from the elevator. Alex pressed the button and waited a few seconds before it arrived to the floor. She quickly stepped in, making sure the doors shut behind her. The human let out a small sigh and leaned back against the wall. It wasn't until minutes later that Alex forgot to press the button. She walked over to it and it lit up.

"I was actually wondering how long you'd realise that you didn't press it." Kol's voice yelled before the lift started to move.

Alex rolled her eyes. "Fuck off!"

The elevator stopped at the fifth floor and Alex sighed, stepping aside. The doors opened to reveal a tall, built man, dressed in all black and holding a shoulder bag. He sent Alex a sickly sweet smile that sent shivers up the girl's back. Alex forced a smile on her face and moved subtly to the other side of the elevator.

The next few minutes flew by slowly, Alex could feel the man glancing at her and she was starting to think that she'd get murdered. Her heart beat fast in her chest as she pulled her phone out of her pocket and pretended to message someone.