The Sleepover

"Do you want me to take you home?" Jonathan asked.

"No way. I don't want to see anyone besides you," I leaned in and kissed him. "I love you."

"I love you too," Jonathan replied as he looked down- his face got red.

"Do you think I could spend the night?"

"Sure," he whispered.

"Jonathan?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you so much."

"I love you too."

***

When we arrived at Jonathan's house, I grabbed some clothes out of his dresser and changed. He waited politely on the couch until I got dressed. I sat down next to him and cuddled up next to him.

"I'll take the couch. You can have my bed," Jonathan offered.

"No. We're both sleeping in there," I demanded.

"Nanc-"

"No," I interrupted. "Don't be ridiculous."

"Fine," he chuckled.

I stood up and walked to his room. Turning down his sheets, I slid into the bed and lied down. Jonathan shuffled in and joined me in the other side.

He gently tossed his arm over me and pulled me closer at the waist. Then, we started to dose off.

***

I woke up to the sound of wood hitting wood as Jonathan opened and closed his dresser drawer.

"Good morning, beautiful," Jonathan spoke in his raspy-morning voice.

"Good morning," I replied as I sat up against the head board.

"I forgot that I promised Will that I would take him to the amusement park today. Do you want to come?"

"Yeah, sure. That sounds fun," I stood up with a smile.

He walked over and kissed me. It was unlike any kiss we'd ever had. It was pure and innocent. It was out of real love.

***

I sat in the passenger seat of Jonathan's car and held his hand as we drove to the park with Will in the backseat.

Suddenly I saw a flash of white light. "Did you see that?" I asked them.

"See what, babe?" Jonathan asked.

"Nothing... I must have just dozed off or something."