6 Yrs Later...

(Zendaya in the pic)

The day before the repeaing, the day before when you pray to whom you believe in to spare you of the wicked games. The day the Capital selects your death, and rips you from your family. The day every one fears. The day I fear.

I exit out damaged door, as the door holds tightly on its hinges. The oppression district 11 handles is traumatising. We cannot freely move. We cannot own above a certain amount of money. We must give into the rules otherwise we will be put on trial, ultimately being publicly executed. We are hated by most districts, those of upper class. The dirt on our skin resembles our class. The little food we eat resembles our worth. Our thick black skin resembles our difference of those who are coloured the milky white. Most of us dream to wake up milky, I however love or skin. To me the dirt resembles our hard work. The little food we eat, resembles our knowledge in saving whats precious. Out thick black skin a wonder, for when you work in disastrous weathers of all sort. The way the wool of the sheep protects there fragile body, well our black skin protects our fragile heart.

I make my way to the near by market. Filled of fruit, strips of cloth, old remedies as cures, plants that are edible, poison for those who want a quick and worry some death, also meat. It is awfully full, probably due to the fact that those who are safe plan to throw a massive banquet. The poison for those who cant risk their children going to their death.

I make my way to a familiar face, as she greets me with her open arms.

"Zendaya, my love what shall I do for you and your mother". The dark skinned beauty whose kinky curls flew with the wind, asked ever so kindly. I broke out a wide smile, as a form of respect I call her aunty. My gratitude for her spans wide, for she has kept me and my mother alive.

"Aunty may I by some meat and fruit, my mother plans to make food for those who must give up their children.". I say as my smile fades to a frown. Aunty notices this and lifts up my chin and whispers.

"Those who fall at the hands of the capital, will be caught by the hands of God. Zendaya if you shall be reaped then it is your path, if you shall fall like the other children, remember arms are waiting to catch you". A small tears crawls down her face, my small hands reach to her cheek and gently wipe away her tear.

"Aunty if I shall die, pray for those who die along with me, pray for my killer that he or she does not suffer tremendous guilt, pray for the winner who gets to see the sun once again.". I say slowly, my eyes focused on hers as she slowly nods.

"Zendaya your wish is my command". I let the corners of my mouth creep up, before she whispers.

"But if you shall be reaped, fight with your fighters against the capital, not fight one another in vengeance. Understand.". I tilt my head to the side and slowly nod my head.

"Yes aunty". I let escape my plump lips. Her smile begins to grow till it can no longer reach a higher size. Her arms begin to lift and chop the meat. Securing it in a blue bag. Then handling the fruit, if I shall die before the reaping it will be of disease, I think.

Once she finishes, I pay her and depart to another stall. I come to a frail lady, who claims to deny natural laws. A physic she is. Her eyes seem to linger on me, as her fingers gesture for me to come over. So I do and a raspy voice escapes her thin lips.

"You shall meet another, your love so strong and same for him, as you would die for him and so shall he". Her fingers touching my arm, as I stare back in astonishment. I lick my now dry lips as I ask intently

"What is the name of my lover". She smiles then shakes her head.

"I shall not reveal, but those of coldest produce beautiful snow. And the sun can always melt away the coldness, if the coldness allows the sun into its world". She says, I break down the beautiful riddle, but seem to find nothing.

"Don't give into the oppression you shall meet on your upcoming journey, it may be hard but don't give into it". The words seem to flow out her mouth as if it was a lullaby. I look at her then piece together what she and fear begins to grow inside me.

"I'm going to reaped, is that what your seeing elder". I whisper she looks at me with sadness and says.

"Yes you will, your a very smart girl. Though you don't have the skill set, your mind will do". My head seems to fall, my mind begins to spin. I feel to hands wrap around my waist.

"Im going to be reaped". I say softly as tears fall down my eyes. The hands around my waist tightens, as the owner's hot breath attacks my neck.

"Don't give up child, have hope". I recognised the voice, it was aunty.

"Aunty you know I'm destined to be reaped". I say through my tears, she sighs and kisses my cheek.

"My daughter yes, I had a feeling". She whispers and my heart sinks.

"Im destined to be a pawn in the capitals game". I state as I ,turn in her arms so i'm facing her. Then wrap my arms around her.

"A simple chess piece can always trap the king, if they play the right moves". She advised, while rubbing my back.

"You shall be my hope, you shall be all our hope. You shall save our race. Zendaya your special". Another voice whispered, I identify her as the physic and she pats my head.

"I'll try".