My Goodbye

(Grayoth Mclain in the pic)

Suddenly I feel hands tightly grip my arms, I look towards Grayoth and see he also is. By a peacekeeper. The large door, that everyone asks about. What was locked away?. When the tributes went through that door, they never came back.

Now the peacekeepers are pushing Grayoth and I towards it. The large oak door, I assume, stood firm and majestic infront of us. My hands reach out and I run them along the carved wood, only then a tight slap connects with my hand. I look upon my abuser. The peacekeeper.

How Ironic your called peacekeepers, but here you are only causing terror and fear. I think.

"You are not worthy of touching these sacred doors". He heatdly said, I look him in the eyes and say with the exact  aggresion he gave me.

"And you are". I heard gasps. Then not so long afterwards as another tight slap came my way, but on my cheek. I suck in a breath and hold back the tears and look up. I slap him hard, and spit

"I dont care so much, as I'm going to die soon". He looks at me with shock, while the camera zooms closer to my face, which most definitely has a large bruise. Patrica ushers me to quickly walk in, and I do. Leaving the peacekeeper in shock, along with the crowd.

As I walk through the large door, I can't see Gayoth or Patricia. The walls baby blue, pure white things, that are fluffy and soft they almost look like chairs. I plunge myself into one, I feel like I'm slowly sinking deeper into the amazing product. I wonder if this is how the capital live, no wonder they hate coming to our district.

As I'm walking around the pretty room, the door to my far left opens ever so quickly. A familliar figure runs towards me, and hugs me tight. All the tears I was holding back came streaming down my face.

"Zendaya, do everything to get out". She begs as her tears, fall continously. I wipe mine away and look up to her.

"Mother, I'm not coming back out. The only way I'm coming back is in a coffin". I whisper sorrow lacing my words. Her eyes pin me in place, while she grabs me tighter.

"You do not know that Zendaya, do not let doubt cloud your mind". I look at her while tears find there way back to my eyes.

"I know so". I whisper and look down. She gently, holds my chin and brings it up. Her eyes, hold confusion and pain.

"What do you mean, baby". I look at her and smile, however it doesnt reach my eyes. She smiles back and shakes her head as realisation hits her.

"Your going to save Grayoth". I nod. That's when she pulls me tighter and sobs into my neck.

"You are always so mature".

"Mother..... I love..... you". I say through tears, she then says

"My baby girl, when you are in a moment of death know i'm there with you. If the pain is to much sing your lullaby." She says as her tears fall with no end. I nod.

"And when I die, don't loose yourself as it will not make me happy, or father." I say sternly and she nods then the peacekeeper opens the door.

"Time up". My mother releases me from her embrace and she kisses my cheek and whispers

"I love you more". With that she walks out, her cries still audiable till the door slams shut. It becomes hard to breathe, and I start chocking. I try get as much air in but it never seems to be enough.

"ZENDAYA". I look towards the shouter, and I see aunty. She gallops over to me and grabs my face.

"Breathe Zendaya breathe". She says sternly and I take another gulp of oxeygon and my lungs don't reject it.

"Aunty thank you". I say breathlessly, as I hold onto her arms for moral and physical support.

"Zendaya, are you planning on winning". I shake my head and whisper

"Im going to save Grayoth". She smiles widely, and then slaps my arm.

"Thats for you swearing". I giggle then quickly say

"Aunty can you pray God will catch me when I fall". She looks at me then tilts her head.

"Of course". I hug her then whisper

"I love you".

"I love you just as much". The the same peacekeeper comes to notify us that its over. Aunty leaves then straight after the physic enters.

"Zendaya". I look at her in shock, i didnt expect her to visit me.

"Yes elder". I answer politely. She moves closer and takes my hand in hers and says calmly

"Remember your lover". I had forgotten about that, I then have a strange idea.

"Is my lover a tribute in this years games". She eyes me before looking down.

"I cannot say, if I do it might change your path. However you shall know when you first lay eyes upon him. So shall he.". I look at her confused, her wrinkled bags formed around her eyes, which look at me intensly.

"Aunty how will I know". She smiles and looks at me and cups my cheeks.

"Your bond is inseparable. Inhuman your both so special and your true soul mates.". I look at her in awe, if this is so my lover should know I shall be dead soon.

"What do you mean soul mate?". I ask as she circles me and says

"You feel a sudden pull to them, for the male a surge of dominance and possesiveness and love. The female also a surge of posseiveness and love. You feel better around them, safer and not alone. You feel complete. Your love is infinite and beyond."

"How do you know this elder". She smiles and continues to circle me.

"I can feel it of you and I can see glimpses of your future and emotions". She explains I feel lost in her words. Then sadness soaks my heart.

"What if one shall loose there soul mate". I ask desperatly. She looks at me with pity.

"I can only imagine a surreal amount of pain and losss enough to kill them".

"Eld-".

I was cut of by the peacekeeper and I feel lonely once again.