Mockingjay

(Zendaya in the pic)

I lie on the bed, staring at the wall. I wait patiently for Patricia, but now it has been hours. The clock moving, not me. I'm here stuck. My head perks up when I smell a angelic smell, mint and...chocolate. Chocolate is very rare in district 11, but this smell is so alluring that I get up. My body in control, my senses overpowering, my logic in a complete daze.

As I'm about to walk out the door, a tall lady appears.

"What are you doing?". I couldn't answer back as the smell is my main focus.

"Zendaya can you hear me". Then like that the smell is gone, and dissapointment feels me. I then formulate a answer to the tall woman.

"Stress, miss". She nods her head.

"Please call me Sabrina". I look at her in awe. No man or woman should call the Capital by their name, unless they ask or there your chaperone.

"It is an honour Sabrina". She looks at me and smiles, her brown hair, gold eyeliner and her chocolate skin just like Cin-

"No it is my honour, you are a brave woman Zendaya. I admire you for that". I look at her my mouth most definitely open and say quietly.

"It wasn't much". She laughs and holds onto my hands, her large hands envoloping my tiny ones.

"You cursed at the capital. You broke the law. You moved of your x to help the male tribute. You broke the law. You spoke back to a peacekeeper. You broke the law. You then physically attacked one. You broke the law.". I tilted my head in protest.

"I really dont have much left. I know I will die soon, as I plan to allow Grayoth to win. So I plan to give everyone a piece of my mind. But why do you admire". She smiles

"For everything you just said, your fearless and opinionated. Logical and caring. Your hope". She explains with passion. I nod my head as a way for her to carry on.

"You are our second chance. You can be our mockingjay.  Yes everyone loved Katniss. But Katniss wouldn't have entered the Games without Primrose, she did it for her sister. But you are different your saving someone, who isn't bound to you by blood. Your saving him beacuse you believe he needs saving more than you." I look at her with a puzzled look.

"But why. Why aren't you supporting the Capital. Wait.....wait your related to Cinna aren't you . You are doing this for vengence.". She looks at me, with inspiration.

"Your so observant, that's why you will make a great mockingjay. But will you accept the role". I pause for a bit before replying in a steady voice.

"Yes, I shall be your Mockingjay".

"Well this is how it will work".

_______________________________________

The opening ceremony, the tribute parade. This is when people will cast bets on the winner, i'm currently with Sabrina in the dressing room. A long sparkly silver dress hangs on my body, hugging my curves. A slit on the side from my mid thigh, as jewles sit firmly around it. Matching large earings and make-up, which sits lightly on my face. My hair in curls and left freely hanging, as I look in my reflection I can't but smile. I look amazing.

"Remember, you are disobeying the Capitol's orders. You are not wearing a dress which resembles your district. Grayoth and you will have different outfits. He as his district, you as you are now. We didn't want to risk Grayoth's life chance in the arena.". I nod and Sabrina continues.

"Do not smile, be as explicit as you can. Cursing is allowed. Don't shout, use your fingers. Catch the roses and throw them back. If you don't want to do this just stand there cold and lifeless.". I shake my head and say in a stong tone.

"No, I'm going to this". She smiles, and bites her lip.

"I don't want to shorten your life span in the arena and Grayoth is left alone". I shake my head.

"Im.doing. it. Grayoth will not be in danger. I'll fight till I get him home". This time she nodded. Then silence fell upon us, not awkward silence but peaceful silence. A lound gong sound rings through my head, sabrina nods and we walk out. I meet Grayoth along the way and he is in a little farmers outfit. How adorable, but his face shows shock.

"Aunty, why are you wearing something, with no resemblence to our district". I smile and answer.

"Im a rebel!". Then I tickle him and he giggles, I hear throat clearing. I turn and see what I guess are tributes. That's when I realise I smell the alluring smell.

"And you are from". A girl with red hair says. She must be Elizabeth district 2. I ignore her, not because I'm not intrested, beacuse the smell is my main concern. My body moves till I'm standing right infront of Kim Taehyung.