Reaping...

(Zendaya in the pic)

The prick jolts my body, as the red liquid quickly shows. My DNA, my everything is kept in my blood. The man dressed in white, roughly shoves my finger against the paper. A weird machine begins to calculate my data. Zendaya Coleman. He signals for me to move and I do.

I then fall into line with my category. Female 17. As I am 17 I am near the back, whereas when I was 12 I was at the front. The older you are the further back you are. My eyes droop, due to lack of sleep the night before. Eyes red, due to crying as I know my fate is sealed. I shall be reaped, then kill publicly on Television. Will it be quick and painless. Will it be slow for entertainment. Will it h-

"We are gathered here Today, as a celebration for those who are our tributes for this years games. Before we begin the ceremony we must honourer the slide show put together by our dearest president snow". Our mascot Patricia elatedly says, a round lady, mid 30's, light skin, ombre coloured hair. Crazy colours upon her eyelids, and long thick eyelashes which she constantly batted.

The slideshow was the same slideshow it has been for 80 years. President Snow yapping about the peace treaty, reasoning that the Hunger Games is a way of peace.

After it ended was when terror took over the situation. Children stood still and petrified, everyone knew that who was picked will die. No one won from district 11, who was still alive. We had no mentors to give us the slight tip on how to survive. Patricia's gloved hands hovered above the round transparent ball for the girls.

"Lady's first". She said as her elegant hand dipped in. She pulled on one and let it go, and behind it was another one. A small bit of hope grew, that maybe the physic was wrong, and I shall be spared another year.

Patricia bought the small bit of paper to her lips and kissed it. She did this every year to show her gratefulness to the tribute. As she slowly opened the piece of paper and read in a steady voice.

"Zendaya Coleman". I heard my mother gasp, as my hope disappeared. I straightened myself and walk towards the stage. My palms seating, I held back the tears which begged to spill from my eyes. As I walk I look along my fellow participants. Some had relief others sadness, some were crying. I smiled to them, and they would nod their heads a way of saying sorry.

I lastly looked to my mother, who was crying. I gave her a huge smile, and did a motion for her to wipe her tears. She smiled back and wiped her tears, then new ones replaces the old.

I make my way up the stage, and Patricia eyes me intensely. I only look down. Then I find my spot a little x upon the dirty stage.

"Would you like to say anything". Patricia says with a smile, I look at her in disbelief as anger plays with my mind.

"I would love to". I say kindly, stares burning right through me. I raise my head and shout with a huge smile.

"F*CK THE CAPITOL". The look at me like I'm crazy. The I lift my to middle fingers up as I find my mothers eyes. She glares at me, then smiles and mouths.

"No swearing". I giggle and a small tear rolls down my cheek. I'm going to miss my mother. Patricia hits my arm and scolds me. Then struts over to the other glass ball.

"Now the gentlemen". Her hand plunges in and quickly pulls out a piece of paper. She kisses the paper then reads

"Grayoth Mclain". I gasp when I see a what seems to be a 12 year old scrawny boy. His skinny legs look as if they would break on his next step. I desperately ran of the stage before any peace keeper could stop me, and picked up the little boy and carried him the rest of the way. His head in my shoulder as his sobs rang in my ear.

"Don't cry baby". I whisper and he looks at me, and I peck his cheek. I tickle his stomach and he giggles. I smile then place him on his x. When I look up I see a tall man crying. It must be his father.

"I'll look after your son, in the best way I can. I'll try my best to allow him to come back to you sir". I say loudly and he looks at me and smiles. I look among the crowd and smiles are on there face. Admiration in there eyes and I finally say.

"Ill be your hope".