☾Safe And Sound

Safe And Sound ~ Taylor Swift

⚠️‼️SPOILERS‼️⚠️

Light

I remember streaming
down your face when I said I'd never let you go

"I'm sorry for putting you through all of this" Light said as he wiped away some of your tears.

"No, I'm sorry. This is just stressing me out and I'm overreacting" you admitted, looking towards the ground.

"No, none of this is your fault so stop apologising. It's not your fault that this world is rotten. The only person who can change that is me and I'm never going to let you go" he placed a hand on your cheek and kissed you softy, his lips lingering.

"You just need to wait a little longer then we can rule the new and improved world. That sound good to you?" He asked quietly, earning a small nod from you.

You knew that he would never truly leave you and that he loved you with all his heart. You just needed some patience and skill and then you would have everything you ever wanted.

L

I remember you said don't leave me here alone

Your wails filled the silent room as you held his body.

"Don't...leave me here alone please" you pleaded, but obviously got no answer.

Kira had taken the one you loved the most and the only thing that mattered to you. That bastard was going to pay.

You kissed your beloved Lawliet's forehead shakily before screaming profanities and taking your anger out on the world.

The pain in your throat was becoming unbearable but was nothing compared to the one you felt in your heart.

"Dammit, come back" you whispered, tears racking your shaking body.

He was cruelly taken away from you, and for what? Because some idiot decided he wanted to play god?

You shook your head. This couldn't be happening, it didn't make sense. He was giving orders just a few minutes ago and now he was dead.

And Watari was gone too.

The only two people you could put your trust in were gone and all you could do was watch Kira play his twisted game.

You gave your lover one last kiss and moved away from his body, you had to get out of there and plan Kira's execution.

Mello

Hold on to this lullaby, even when the music's gone

"Promise me something Y/N?"

Your boyfriend asked.

"Sure"

"Promise me that if something bad ever happened to one of us, the other would never forget them" he looked at you with a guilty look on his face. Where was this coming from?

"Of course Mello, I promise" he took your hand and kissed it, his lips lingering before he turned and gave the same treatment to your own.

"I'll hold onto us forever" he said.

"I will too" you added.

Matt

Come morning light, you and I'll be safe and sound

"Please, don't go" you cried, burying your face in his chest.

"You know I have to" he said, stroking your hair.

"What if Mello was wrong? What if you both end up dead?" You wailed.

Mello had insisted that everything would be okay, and the mission would be successful. You always trusted him but now the day had come, you weren't so sure.

"Mello is never wrong, sweetheart" he admitted and kissed your head.

He too had his doubts about this mission but it had to be done and he had to be strong for your sake. So he had forced himself to believe that everything would go smoothly and everyone would be safe.

"I know, but promise me you'll be safe. Promise me that both of you will be safe and sound when you come home and no harm will come to any of us because of this mission" you knew that was a lot to ask for but you needed this.

"I promise"

Those were the words you wanted to hear and that gave you hope during every moment he was away.

Those words lulled you into a false sense of comfort and could not have prepared you for the pain that was to come upon hearing of how that promise was broken.

Near

You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now

Yagami lay there, dead.

It was where he deserved to be but somehow you managed to break down into tears.

This was all over. Everything.

All the fear, the dread. All of it.

You dropped to you knees as everyone else tried to gather their thoughts.

You didn't know wether it was from the relief of finally putting an end to this case, or that this now gave you time to grieve, either way you were crying. And the tears wouldn't stop.

Near was quick to comfort you as he wrapped his arms around you and let you calm yourself.

"You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now" he whispered so only you could hear it.

It was true. Who was there left to hurt you? You had lost so much but you still had Near who you were more than grateful for.

The dead man laying across the room was the cause of so many deaths and had brought so much fear to everyone. How one person could posses the wickedness in them to do such a thing was beyond your imagination.

Near continued to whisper comforting words into your ear before you were able to gain your composure.

❀⋆✧✦✧⋆❀

A/N: I wrote this at 3am okay

was it depressing enough? I could've made it a ton sadder but that's still to come my dear friends  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)