☾Alone Together

Alone Together ~ Fall Out Boy

Light

'I don't know where you're going but do you got room for one more troubled soul?'

L was dead, you and Light were successfully creating a new world where only good people lived and no one had to live in fear.

And now that the main obstacle was out of the way, there was nothing stopping you.

You and Light were at the park at night, taking some time away from it all, laying on the grass together.

"Y/N?"

"Yes?"

"I want you to promise me something"

"Anything"

"Promise me that wherever this may take us, we'll always keep each other close and protect each other" he said almost pleadingly.

"I promise, that's the whole reason we're doing this correct? To keep each other safe from the horrors of this world?" You remembered Light telling you those exact words when you first found out about the notebook.

He nodded, kissed your cheek and took your hand in his.

"I love you" he said

"I love you too"

L

'I don't know where I'm going but I don't think I'm coming home'

"So...this is it" you said, your voice cracking half way through your words.

L nodded sadly and stepped a little closer to you.

"I knew this was going to be hard but" you sighed.

"This is...something else" you finished, squeezing your eyes shut in an attempt to stop the tears.

"I'm sorry for leaving you like this, but on the off chance that I don't come home-" he stuffed his hand in his pocket but you shook your head dismissively, not letting him finish.

"Don't say that, you'll catch Kira and then you can come back home yes?" You knew that this case was unavoidable and that L had no option but to fly to Japan to solve it.

L's expression was unchanging. He knew that this case was unlike others, but he was no less determined to win and defeat evil.

"I...Yes, yes I will" he said.

You were slightly shocked at his answer, he paused and seemed unsure for a bit.

That was so unlike him. This made you a little more scared for him.

"Now, as I was saying. If I do not make it back, I wanted you to have this" he pulled a longish black box out of his pocket and handed it to you.

You looked at him unsure, before proceeding to open the neat little box.

Inside was a beautifully designed silver necklace with a F/C gem stone pendant. The stone had black spirals which looked more like vines wrapped around it, making it look like nothing you'd ever seen before.

"If you use a microscope, you can see that our initials are engraved into the stone" L pointed out, seeming rather happy with himself.

"It's beautiful, Lawliet" you wrapped your arms around his neck and finally let your tears fall.

L wrapped both his arms around your waist, hating to see you in this state. There was nothing he could do in this situation to make things any easier except do his best to comfort you before he left for god knows how long.