five

(a/n: LOOK AT THIS GREAT ASS FANART BY placentapancake)

"Wakey wakey, eggs and bakey!"

Dan groaned once being interrupted of his slumber, peeking open his eyes to see Tim right in front of him with a plate full of food. Dan jumped, sitting up after realizing he had stayed the night at Phil's apartment.

Phil mumbled beside him, waking up and opening his eyes to see what was happening.

"We didn't. . . we didn't do that, right?"

Phil rolled his eyes. "Dan, not everybody who sleeps in the same bed together has to sleep with each other too. You just got tired. I told you to take a nap but you looked so content sleeping so I let you crash here. Tim and I fell asleep soon after, that's it."

"I didn't tell my parents!"

"You're an adult. You don't have to."

Dan ignored his fiancée, checking his phone to see a few missed calls from his parents. He quickly called his mother to apologize.

"Dan?" She yawned over the phone. "Good morning, are you safe? You're with Phil, aren't you?"

"I- yes, I stayed the night at his apartment. I swear, mother, we didn't do anything-"

"Dan, that's fine if you do or don't. You're going to be married soon, might as well get to know each other a little better if you know what I mean."

Dan blushed at the suggestion, saying his farewell before hanging up. He looked up at Tim, who outstretched the plate in his hands.

"I made you breakfast in bed!"

"It's not drugged or poisoned, is it?"

Tim's face heated up. "N-no! I mean, I burnt the omelette a little, but-"

"Where's my plate?" Phil cut in. Tim's lips formed in a tight line.

"You can make your own!"

Tim's remark was supposed to be funny by his smile, but Phil didn't laugh. In fact he looked upset, and Dan tried to ignore it by speaking up.

"Look, Phil and I will go get food and you can eat my, uh-" He trailed off, looking at the food on the plate. "-lovely breakfast for me, yeah?

Tim exhaled and nodded, Dan getting out of bed and Phil following after. He looked quite adorable, if Dan must admit. Phil's glasses were off, a better view of his icy blue eyes revealed. His hair was messy and out of place, his band shirt he slept in wrinkled.

Dan realized he hadn't showered, cheeks heating in fear that he might smell. "Could I possibly shower here?"

Phil shrugged, saying it was fine and promising to make sure Tim didn't hide any cameras anywhere. Dan got undressed, quickly showering and stepping out when he realized he didn't have any clean clothes.

"Phil? May I wear your clothes?"

"You stay the night once and you're already wearing my clothes? Well that was fast," Phil joked. Dan was lucky the door was shut so he could hide his blush, Phil creaking open the door in the slightest to hold out clothes for the brunette. He awkwardly took them, thanking him and changing into them once Phil shut the door again.

Dan looked at himself in the mirror, feeling odd but comfortable. He was used to wearing tuxedos and polos, not a bright blue shirt and ripped jeans. Dan stepped out of the bathroom, hiding his dimples when Phil and Tim both looked him up and down.

"How does it look?"

"Good," Phil responded, an amused smile on his lips. They left shortly after that, leaving Tim alone and heading to a pizza place. 

Dan was content. Everyone around him was so calm and casual. He wasn't being stampeded by paparazzi or eating escargot with fine china. He was normal in this atmosphere. He wasn't some outcast, he wasn't some big celebrity right now and while most people would hate that, he loved it. He loved feeling like he fit in for once. 

"You gonna order or what?" Phil piped up, yanking Dan out of his thoughts. The brunette winced, shooting an apology to the boy next to him before ordering a pizza for them to split. The couple sat down. Phil raised an eyebrow at him. "Why are you smiling like that?" 

Dan hadn't even realized he was grinning to himself, eyes widening and cheeks heating over after being called out for it. "I-. . ." 

"Hey, I didn't say it wasn't cute." 

Dan blushed even harder, opening his mouth to respond when their pizza was set in front of them. Dan furrowed his eyebrows upon realizing they had no silverware. Phil blinked. 

"Do you not know how to eat pizza?" Phil questioned, messily pulling a slice up to his mouth and taking a bite.

Dan's lips formed in a tight line. "I have never had pizza." Phil practically choked on his food with shock. 

"What? You're telling me you've been on this planet for, what, twenty years-" 

"Twenty four," Dan corrected.

"Shut up. Anyway, you're telling me you're twenty-four years old and you've never had a slice of pizza in all this time? Did you even have a childhood? The hell did you eat at birthday parties?" 

"I have never had a birthday party either." 

Phil set his slice down, running his hands over his face. "What did you do for your birthday then?" 

"We usually traveled somewhere, however most of the time my family would visit and bombard me with gifts." 

Phil exhaled, reaching and taking a slice of the pizza to hand it to Dan. Dan held it by the bottom, Phil correcting him and telling him to hold it by the crust. "No, you look like you're trying to sell me the pizza. Stop holding it like a flyer, hold it like you're about to eat the best damn food in your life." 

"Like this?" Dan asked, opening his mouth wide and dangling the slice of pizza over his face. Phil held in a laugh. 

"You look like you're about to eat something else- okay, just- no, not like that- just take a bite of the pizza." 

Dan took a bite, setting it back down and chewing slowly. His eyes slowly widened the more tasteful the food was, the perfect combination feeling like fireworks on his tongue. "This is really good." 

"Oh, just wait. It gets so much better. You better strap yourself in since you're marrying me and dear God, are you in for the time of your life," Phil spoke, taking another bite of his own food. Dan was already beginning to make a mental bucket list. "First on the list is, since your birthday is in less than week, to throw you a party." 

"I have no friends to invite." 

"Alright, scratch that- first on the list is to find you some friends."