thirteen

Dan woke up to heavy weight on his body, opening his eyes to find Phil practically laying on top of him. He was snoring, their legs intertwined with their arms around each other. Tabs slept at the edge of the bed, tail moving slowly.

Dan huffed, hungry and wanting to get up but also not wanting to wake up his husband.

"Phil," Dan groaned, trying to shove him off. Phil only grumbled in response, tightening his grip on Dan's waist. "Phil, I'm hungry."

"Eat the oxygen all around you then. That's tasty," Phil responded tiredly, voice muffled from his head being nudged into Dan's clothed chest.

"You are not a morning person, I presume."

"Thank god you're rich cause you sure as hell aren't very smart."

Dan shoved him off playfully, swatting him as Phil giggled and snuggled up into the blankets. Dan stepped out, beginning to get ready for the day.

"I talked to Roger. He seems nice."

"He was. Well, he still is, I just haven't talked to him in awhile. How is he?"

"I mean, I handed him your coat and he was very thankful. We had  a small talk about you."

"All good things, I hope," Phil replied, finally sitting up.

"He was quite fond of you actually. Said you two were friends and that he hopes you're doing good," Dan replied, folding up his pajama shirt. There was a pause before he spoke up again. "Are you doing good?"

Phil exhaled, Dan putting away his clothes in the drawer and hearing the bed creak as Phil got up. He was about to turn around when arms wrapped around his torso from behind, Phil's chin resting on Dan's shoulder.

"Yes, I'm good. You need to stop doing that, assuming that I'm some sensitive, fragile little flower."

"I don't-" Dan turned around in his grip, the two now facing each other. Dan moved his arms and placed them on Phil's shoulders, their position looking like a slow dance frozen in place.

"It's not like you mean to," Phil began, grinning softly at him. "I'm just saying that you worry about me more than you need to. I can take care of myself. I'm Phil Lester."

"I want you to be happy, that's all."

"I am happy," Phil replied gently, sincerity in his eyes. Dan averted his gaze, the close proximity beginning to intimidate him. But Phil wasn't having it, because his hands came up to hold his husband's jawline. "Dan, please look at me."

Dan slowly let his eyes meet his, lips parting on instinct and his cheeks feeling hot. "You're blushing."

Dan felt himself only blush harder, sweating from the way Phil was studying him. "I-I am?"

"I really wanna kiss you right now, is that okay?"

Dan was freaking starstruck, his eyes glued to Phil's and he couldn't look away. "Uh huh," he simply mumbled, nodding slowly. Phil leaned in first, Dan snapping back to reality and moving until their lips met. Their mouths closed over one another, faces moulding as they kissed passionately.

Phil stepped forward, Dan backing up and hitting the dresser behind him, but they continued kissing. Dan's fingers moved from his husband's shoulders to wind in his hair, Phil's grip on his waist tightening.

The kiss was intoxicating, better than any drink Dan had ever tasted, and man was he drunk right now. The way they moved so in sync, following a physical step-by-step rulebook- yet so simple. Dan opened his mouth and their tongues clashed, a new territory reached.

Phil tugged at his shirt, one hand slipping underneath to brush his fingertips across Dan's hip. Dan shivered, suddenly feeling so sensitive and responsive to such a small gesture. He loved when Phil touched him, no matter what he was doing. He wanted Phil to touch him.

Phil pulled away, but only to take a breath before kissing down Dan's jawline and to his neck. Dan gasped, instinctively tilting his head back and tugging on Phil's hair. This was all so new, all these new parts of his skin that he'd never touched before. It felt amazing, Dan could barely keep his eyes open as Phil nibbled on his throat.

"Have you never made out before?" Phil whispered against his ear, his other hand slipping underneath Dan's shirt so now both were resting on his bare waist.

Dan shook his head. "I'd never even properly kissed before I met you," the brunette breathed out, biting his lip when Phil's mouth brushed across a sensitive spot.

"You have so much to learn, sweetheart."

Dan's eyes widened at the difference in Phil's tone, how his voice was deeper and raspier. He felt his whole body get hot, the room suddenly feeling over a hundred degrees.

Phil pulled away, admiring the lovebite he left on Dan's neck and reaching to pull off Dan's shirt until there was a meow. They both looked over to see Tabs sitting in the doorway, tilting her head at them.

"Were you watching us?" Dan teased the kitten, a smirk on his face. Phil giggled, pecking Dan on the lips one last time before pulling away completely to pick up Tabs. Dan let out a breath, not realizing how much Phil had been affecting him until he moved away.

"You pervert," Phil playfully scolded his pet, setting her down on the bed and flopping down next to her. Dan looked in the mirror and fixed up his hair, pulling up the collar of his shirt to hide his hickey. "You know, we should really get a dog."

"I already told you we aren't going to get a dog. You already have Tabs, isn't that good enough?"

"But it's like our little family! Come on, Dan, please? I'll let you name it! We can dress it up in little sweaters and give it our leftover steak."

"Maybe another time. Now hush up, lets go get breakfast and pretend to be in love to annoy bystanders."

"Right. Pretend." Phil snickered, and Dan chucked a pillow at him before they headed out the house hand in hand.