Truth

Taehyung's P.O.V.

          She still loved him. It was obvious. Why did she force herself to pick me?

           I sighed and put my elbows on my knees. She was probably worried sick about him by now. There was probably so much she hadn't said.

            Why am I acting like he's dead?

            I glanced over at her. She was beautiful, every inch of her. I began to wonder if she ever felt like "Just another face in the crowd." I used to feel like that, before I was part of this band.

           I never thought I'd be noticed by anyone.

           She was crying. She had been for a while now. I felt like there was nothing I could do, nothing I could say. She was still lying to me, after all this time.

            I remembered the moment when I had been holding her, and we swayed. We sang together. That was something I'd never forget.

          There was so much I wished she'd just say. I knew everything already. Not telling the truth was pointless.

            But still, I let her do this.

         I haven't told her I know, I haven't told her she could stop. I just keep telling her what she wants to hear, in hopes that maybe, one day, she will finally feel the same way I feel.

          I have hopes that someday our hearts will connect, exactly the way I've wanted them to.

          I never wanted all of this.

         When I first saw her, I felt my heart beat faster. When I made that daring move, to get close to her, to speak to her, I felt something I'd never felt before.

         I always said I wanted to marry my first love. She was my first love. Marrying her will be impossible at this rate.

        You can't marry someone who doesn't love you, they won't agree to it.

        It's not like I was going to ask her anytime soon, though. Still, knowing the possibility is nonexistent makes me feel disappointed.

        I've been lying to myself this entire time. I wouldn't marry my first love, if only watch her drift farther and farther away from me to someone I feel is family. I've wanted so badly for her to be mine, but she's Yoongi's.

        She always will be, which makes me a fool. I trip over love countless times, falling for the same mistakes. Does that make me a coward? Maybe it makes me blind.

          I know that if Yoongi turns out to be alright, that she won't be "mine" anymore. She'll be his, once again.

          I'm used to second place though. My hopes were weak and untruthful. They still are, and maybe they always will be.

          For the first time in forever, I felt tears. They were warm, and seemed ceaseless. At least I knew what they were for.

           "Taehyung, why're you crying?" I heard her speak. I lifted my head, looking her in the eyes. She wasn't crying anymore, but she seemed like she could at any moment.

            I finally decided to tell her the truth, that I knew.

            "I know you don't love me, _____. You belong to Yoongi. When he gets out, you should tell him how you feel." I had said it. It was over. Our relationship, thin as a thread, fragile as glass. I ended it.

            She was silent. She knew I was right.

             I smiled sadly.

            "That's okay. You belong with him, and it's good that you know where your heart lies." This seemed to bring her over the edge. She started crying again, but this time I brought her into a hug.

           This may be the last time I hug her and have her to myself.

            She had made the wrong decision when she chose me.