fifteen

A QUICK A/N BEFORE WE BEGIN

I ACCIDENTALLY UPLOADED CHAPTER SIXTEEN WITHOUT PUBLISHING THIS ONE OOOPPSPSSS SORRY IF YOU'RE CONFUSED :-)))))

wednesday 11th of may 2016

It had been six years since Sylvia and Albert Purnell died. J.D sat alone in her room, staring blankly at a wall with music playing softly throughout her room. 

Herb and Mason usually left her alone for a couple of hours on the eleventh of May, they knew she preferred to handle her mourning without comfort of others. It wasn't one of the days where she would pretend her problems didn't exist, she fully embraced them and reminisced the days when she had living, breathing parents. Herb allowed them the day off school and excused himself from work so they could spend the day as a family.

But the truth can be deceiving

And I was just too young to see

J.D leaned back against the wall beside her bed, her lips chapped and in a straight line. She looked perfectly tranquil on the outside, but on the inside she was tearing herself apart. 

Her fault. It was her fault.

Memories of her mother and father flashed through her mind like a slideshow. She swallowed loudly as she remembered the fateful day.

six years ago

"Mason, give me back Lulu!" J

"Mason, give me back Lulu!" J.D yelled at the top of her lungs, chasing her brother around the motel room. Mason jumped up the stairs two at a time, holding the toy dinosaur above his head. 

"You still play with dolls, you're a baby!" He taunted, and J.D pouted, before tackling him to the ground. Mason let out a wail as she sat on his stomach, pulling her soft toy into her chest. 

"You're a douchebag." She responded, and Mason's eyebrows knitted together. 

"Where did you hear that, young lady?" Her father asked her, picking the nine year old off of her twin brother. 

"Ma said it on the phone this morning." J.D grinned, the gap in her teeth causing her to lisp. "Is it a bad word?"

"Yes, and you shouldn't be saying it until you're my age." Albert Purnell warned, and J.D let her head fall back, laughing loudly. 

"I have to wait until I'm thirty-five? That's a gazillion years away!" She exclaimed, and Albert scoffed in amusement. "Why can't I say it now?"

"Because you're a little baby who cuddles dollies at night!" Mason teased from the ground, and even at nine, J.D had mastered her cold glare, causing her brother to shut his mouth. 

J.D looked back at her father with wide eyes. "I'm not a baby, am I pa?" 

"No, but you're not a lady yet." Albert responded, placing his daughter on one of the twin beds in the room. He tapped her denim covered knee, and smiled. "Not until you put on a pretty dress and go see that new Disney film with your mother and brother."