The Forest

Scorpius woke with a start the next morning. He'd seen things that would make any sane witch or wizard question their sanity. He saw himself standing amongst Deatheaters and he'd had a dark mark on his forearm. His face had been gaunt with masked anguish and anger had replaced it. He didn't know why he was as angry as he was, nor why he'd been with the He-who-must-not-be-named, but he didn't like it. Scorpius tried to shake the dream from his mind, but it seemed all too real to have been just a nightmare. Bothered by this all the same, Scorpius decided to just get ready for the day, knowing that some normal routine might help him get his mind off things.

Albus begrudgingly woke up having slept fitfully the previous night. He had had a nightmare as well, but his differed from Scorpius' dream. Albus had also had the dark mark on his forearm, and he'd been walking around his own home which was half blown to rubble. Albus couldn't remember much, but he didn't care. He never wanted to think about something that dark ever again.

"Morning sleepy head." Scorpius said when he noticed Albus had woken up.

"Morning." Albus mumbled, as he sat up.

It was Saturday, and the students were free to do as they pleased, as long as they weren't doing anything wrong. Albus thought about everything that was going on in his life- the riddle of a prophecy, the Deathly Hallows being intact and possibly in enemy hands, minus the Invisibility Cloak, one or two of seven Horcruxes being still intact, Albus himself being an unintentional Horcrux to Delphi, and how he was going to fix all of this before his father had to step in. Something was brewing in the air, and Albus had unintentionally started it all. In his eyes, this meant he had to end it, before things got out of hand. Unbeknownst to Albus, things were well underway of being 'out of hand'.

"Albus? We should go outside for a change, it's not every Saturday that we have trips to Hogsmeade." Scorpius said as he searched for a pair of socks.

"Scorpius, you know that our Hogsmeade privileges were rebuked a while ago, besides it's 12 pm. We've practically slept the day away." Albus said, as he opened his trunk of belongings.

"No one ever said that we couldn't sneak in like we did last time." Scorpius said while walking over to Albus.

"Well, last time we were permitted to go only because we hadn't caused problems."
Albus shot back, a scowl on his face.

"You're no fun." Scorpius mumbled, before turning to go look for his shoes.

-

Draco paced around the room as he tried to figure out his thoughts. He couldn't tell Harry what was going on, because with Voldemort around, he'd be able to read every thought and plan Draco had had. With Voldemort being such a powerful legimens, nothing could get past him.
Draco ran a hand through his hair, and he mumbled a few explicit words. What had he gotten himself into?

'It's for Scorpius. You'll be able to protect him this way, then he won't have to fight, and you can get help and defeat them before it's too late.'

But Draco already knew it was far too late. He couldn't stop them if he tried, and if they miraculously managed to get Albus and Scorpius on their side, the Wizarding World would be in shambles.

He needed to speak to his son and Albus, before anyone else could.

-

Hagrid walked the grounds of Hogwarts checking that everything was in order, when he noticed something shiny on the path leading to the Forbidden Forest. Intrigued by the object, he went to go and grab it, when a small black creature that looked bit like a platypus snatched the item and scurried off.